+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: SLO, Dee4Life and DSA

Quote Originally Posted by BP33 View Post
    The chap who wrote that, and Forbes are the reason that Nelms will never take Dee4life seriously.
    100% correct

The chap who wrote that, and Forbes are the reason that Nelms will never take Dee4life seriously.
    Dee4life members had the opportunity to put their name forward for election as a Dee4life Trust Director when they received their email on 23rd December 2021 advising them that there up to ten vacancies on the board of directors.
    If they felt so strongly about ‘that chap’ and ‘Forbes’ they should have all put their names forward which providing more than ten Dee4life Trust members put their names forward it would have resulted in a ballot taking place.

I thought that we still had free speech in Scotland and people were still allowed to express their own views, not say nothing until it is too late to do anything about it!

I would hope that John Nelms would be able to sit down with anyone who represents dundee fans,and that both parties could put aside any differences for the greater good.

After the weekend, JN is surely thinking he has to do something before 800 home fans becomes the norm,and if meeting representatives of the supporters means sitting down with Islay,(I'm not sure it does,there are other board members at dfcss) then that is what should happen.

Similarly,any member of the dfcss board should be able to put personal opinions to one side,so that their members can be represented at any meeting.

At the end of the day FPS are not here to throw money away,they must want success. The supporters want the same thing,so bringing the two groups together, regardless of what they think of each other.

Obviously we would need all parties to act like grown ups.......

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    What, specifically, isn't true?

There were indeed some genuine expressions of concern that I agree with.

The language used in much of one of the PDFs makes it very clear who wrote it - Dee4Life Comments (no names)

'I enclose' written in a typed letter - say no more.

'That is a lot of nonsense about our share certificate for 239,260 shares being delayed due to a change In companies'

'In my opinion this fiasco with the failure of us not receiving our share certificate goes part in parcel with all the other mistakes made by Lindsay Darroch who is the Dundee Football Club Limited Company Secretary' (someone's latest target for criticism getting a roasting)

'I think that the performance of Dundee Football Club both on and off the park in the last 5 and a half years has gone steadily downhill and I blame John Nelms 'fairly and squarely' for this fiasco'. I actually can't disagree with this but the tone and use of quotation marks make it very obvious who wrote it.

'John Nelms has appointed hopeless managers and let the Dens Park stadium go to wrack and ruin. Meanwhile he will not communicate with the Dundee supporters and the Dee4life Trust board of directors with the ongoing saga regarding the Bank of Scotland account being a case in point'. Someone loves their references to BoS.

'Yesterday's game kicked off at 'stupid o'clock''.

'Nelms never seems to learn that charging full prices for Scottish Cup ties at Dens Park which are live on TV with a stupid o'clock kick off when the Dundee team are playing poorly will result in the Dundee FC supporters boycotting the game'.

Much of it was written by the type of person who forms an opinion, decides it's 100% fact then goes out of their way in their research to find evidence to back that opinion whilst disregarding completely anything that contradicts it.

Any of this sound familiar at all? I've had conversations with people at Dens who have told me things that it would be unfair to expand on here regarding the above type of person. This type of person will never be able to sit with John Nelms in any meeting and be taken seriously.
    The point I was trying to make was that the contribution quoted by you is only a fraction of what was printed. I don't agree that this contribution was "much of it." It was one contribution in a vein that we had heard before but that does not mean that others have heard it before or that it contains any untruths.
    I think it is disappointing that the idea that if only two people were not involved with the Dee4life board there would be a new relationship just waiting to blossom.
    Let's wait and see what happens before predicting what might happen.
    You of all the posters on here Deeranged know what the relationship between the club and Dee4life has been like and I hope that the current move towards talking might help our club.

Sometimes actually bringing grievances into the light can be cathartic and I would be expecting some "home truths" coming our way from John Nelms- and no bad thing in my view.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)