+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SLO, Dee4Life and DSA

SLO, Dee4Life and DSA

As a season ticket holder and regular at Dens I don’t expect to have to contact and bother our SLO John Burke again this week. As a Society member I don’t want to go bothering Norrie Price. I’ve been a member of Supporters Clubs for almost 30 years and don’t want to go chasing our Club Secretary either.
    What I would hope would happen this week is that those concerned get their heads together, find common ground, get out a public statement and agree to meet with the Football Club. We need assurances and some sort of change of direction because if there isn’t I fear this isn’t going to end well for any of us.
    Last edited by scottg; 13-03-2022 at 08:09 PM.

First things first.

We are not down.....yet.

I expect stj to beat mwell, beat livvy as well it's prob over but we should be announcing as cheap a deal as possible for our post split games and Aberdeen one if not too late.

We need as many people in Dens as possible. There's ways of losing football matches, there's ways of being relegated......this isn't it....it's miles from being it.

I'd like to think this is one of the points that could be discussed at any meeting.

Beyond that I think we need more than assurances of the direction the club is heading, some of the stories coming out are truly toe curling.

It looks to me that Nelms is treating the club and fans with contempt, not big, not clever, not smart.

Like you and like I've been saying for a few years I have a nagging doubt about the yanks, let's hope the car crash can be avoided

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    First things first.

We are not down.....yet.

I expect stj to beat mwell, beat livvy as well it's prob over but we should be announcing as cheap a deal as possible for our post split games and Aberdeen one if not too late.

We need as many people in Dens as possible. There's ways of losing football matches, there's ways of being relegated......this isn't it....it's miles from being it.

I'd like to think this is one of the points that could be discussed at any meeting.

Beyond that I think we need more than assurances of the direction the club is heading, some of the stories coming out are truly toe curling.

It looks to me that Nelms is treating the club and fans with contempt, not big, not clever, not smart.

Like you and like I've been saying for a few years I have a nagging doubt about the yanks, let's hope the car crash can be avoided
    Well said. We are not down yet and I think the fans will rally round if given some encouragement from the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    First things first.

We are not down.....yet.

The Dundee Football Club marketing department (if there is such a department) should be thinking up deals for fans to get as many Dundee supporters in the home stands for the remaining home games of this season.
    The Yanks are usually keen on razzmatazz.
    Hibs had the right idea charging £5 for their home game against St Johnstone which resulted in a full house.
    We also require pre match and half time entertainment at Dens Park.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    The Dundee Football Club marketing department (if there is such a department) should be thinking up deals for fans to get as many Dundee supporters in the home stands for the remaining home games of this season.
    The Yanks are usually keen on razzmatazz.
    Hibs had the right idea charging £5 for their home game against St Johnstone which resulted in a full house.
    Hibs had nowhere near a full house for the game against St Johnstone when they charged £5 admission. You keep reminding posters on this forum you always deal in facts. Clearly not eh?

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    No we don't

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scot...apazitaet.desc
    Don't know if this will work but this site gives the attendances for all the SPFL teams. Hibs capacity is 20k and attendance at the StMirren Cup tie was 16.5k. Don't think that the Hibs seats were sold out but maybe they did.
    Interesting that Celtic average attendance is less than 50% of their capacity. We are only an average 1000 fewer than our neighbours.

I thought they were much higher and it is interesting that despite the unremitting good news you get in the local press about them there really isn't a massive increase in their fan base.

Rross said
    "We need as many people in Dens as possible. There's ways of losing football matches, there's ways of being relegated......this isn't it....it's miles from being it."
    I think this is the whole problem of our football club distilled into one sentence.
    Regardless who owns our club it's the fans who make or break it. Just now there are more voices for dissent and boycotts than those who think like Rross.
    Wouldn't it be great if the club actually did something to boost the attendance at the next Rangers game. Try to give the ST holders some incentive to come along and pile in behind the team. Give our own players a boost. McGinn is in the NI squad. Reading the views of some Dees you would think he was a pensioner working part time and coasting into retirement.

Section 18 needs to get itself organised and turn up with drums as a launch pad for a Mental Derry performance. Noisy and supporting the team, not looking for confrontation outside the ground or elsewhere.

Hope people realise that miracles do happen but you need to help them along rather than just sit and wait for them to happen.
    Going away to have a lie down after this burst of enthusiasm!

I'd treat Aberdeen game on its own.

£10 and children under 13 free.......we are gonna sell precious few tics for the home end at the moment, we will take a hit on away end but not much Aberdeen got little to play for, they mibbe bring around 1400 at present prices.. But we might just cover that in the home end with a cheaper price and obviously a higher than expected away support

Depending on result and where we stand the post split "deal" could then be worked out.

Waiting to the last game, the st j game or whatever is too late

Should be getting looked at now

Plenty time for wailing and gnashing of teeth if we go down, there's still hope.

And just for clarity none of the above excuses Nelms or other members of staff for how we are being run but things change and it's much easier for change with the club in top league

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)