+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Face masks

Quote Originally Posted by Dee_Dee View Post
    Nobody is paying any attention to her anyway nowadays. Was at a wedding in Edinburgh a couple of weeks ago and not a facemask in sight. Half the folk on the train weren’t wearing them either. I’m triple vaxed and got it last month, had worse colds, sore throat and a cough for a couple of days
    This seems to be the point. I think stats show that the illness caused by covid is less dangerous than flu.
    It can be very dangerous for those who have a compromised immunity system. So what should we do?
    What did those people do before covid when there were flu epidemics and general colds in the population?
    I don't know put perhaps someone who does might be able to explain why there were no attempts at getting the population to self isolate and wear masks to save this very vulnerable section of our society.
    Some action must have been taken. I wonder if there is something from the past that will help us to find a way forward?

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    This seems to be the point. I think stats show that the illness caused by covid is less dangerous than flu.
    It can be very dangerous for those who have a compromised immunity system. So what should we do?
    What did those people do before covid when there were flu epidemics and general colds in the population?
    I don't know put perhaps someone who does might be able to explain why there were no attempts at getting the population to self isolate and wear masks to save this very vulnerable section of our society.
    Some action must have been taken. I wonder if there is something from the past that will help us to find a way forward?
    The last thing we need is for politicians and health ‘experts’ to get the idea that a very small group of the population who have a compromised immunity system must be protected by forcing the rest of the population to wear a face mask forever more in case someone in Dundee sneezes.
    People with these illnesses have to use their own initiative and keep away from crowded places during the normal cold and flu season.
    In my opinion drug companies should be producing drugs which will result in a cure for people sadly suffering from a compromised immunity system.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    The last thing we need is for politicians and health ‘experts’ to get the idea that a very small group of the population who have a compromised immunity system must be protected by forcing the rest of the population to wear a face mask forever more in case someone in Dundee sneezes.
    People with these illnesses have to use their own initiative and keep away from crowded places during the normal cold and flu season.
    In my opinion drug companies should be producing drugs which will result in a cure for people sadly suffering from a compromised immunity system.
    Correct. It'd time we started leaving disabled babies in the woods again too. And probably euthanising anyone over the age of 70 to stop them using up resources.

I would go further tho,the last thing we want is so called 'experts' in the drug companies producing drugs that will stop people dying. It's natural selection,a bit like those people in Ukraine. If they are not smart enough to be born in a country further away from Russia,why should we help them??? Its health and safety gone mad or something.......

Also,I would jail anyone driving more than 40 miles to 'visit a dentist'......

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Islay did you know that Sweden 😍 implemented the UK's original pandemic plan. IE protect the vulnerable without shutting down every other buggers life

What cud have been before the "one death is one too many" mob got their way.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Islay did you know that Sweden �� implemented the UK's original pandemic plan. IE protect the vulnerable without shutting down every other buggers life

It is a pity that Herr Sturgeon did not adopt the Swedish rules for the pandemic instead of forcing her tim pot rules on us that we should keep wearing face masks because people in Scotland are suffering from a head cold.

Islay did you know that Sweden 😍 implemented the UK's original pandemic plan. IE protect the vulnerable without shutting down every other buggers life

How do I protect or help to protect someone who I don't know has a compromised immune system. I am not sure that putting all the responsibility onto the person with the compromised immune system is a workable approach.
    Obviously there have been epidemics in the past and there have been people with compromised immune systems that made them vulnerable to any current epidemic. I just wondered how these people were protected.
    Is it the case that China is going into lockdown because they have not been able to vaccinate their population?

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    How do I protect or help to protect someone who I don't know has a compromised immune system. I am not sure that putting all the responsibility onto the person with the compromised immune system is a workable approach.
    Obviously there have been epidemics in the past and there have been people with compromised immune systems that made them vulnerable to any current epidemic. I just wondered how these people were protected.
    Is it the case that China is going into lockdown because they have not been able to vaccinate their population?
    By going about your normal daily business.

Aka ...Sweden ....aka.....Britains pandemic planning for 3 decades......by not implementing a policy that triggers rampant inflation.

How have you done it the last 60 odd years on the planet b cran?.....not by covering your face and staying indoors ....I'll hazard a guess

China is a totalitarian despot nation.....that infected the world......why is so much stock put in what they do?

A d finally it's not your job to protect anyone, people have responsibility to protect themselves

If I have dizzy spells probably best I don't climb ladders, if I have an allergy to peanuts probably best not to crack open a bag of KP, if I have a compromised immune system I weigh up the advantages of enjoying life compared to going into crowded situations

A d finally it's not your job to protect anyone, people have responsibility to protect themselves
    Unfortunately we live in a nanny state where we're expected to go beyond common sense and where the vast majority are expected to suffer to protect the tiny minority. Not just in Covid either - ***uality, gender, race, colour, religion we all have to suffer so as not to upset a minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Unfortunately we live in a nanny state where we're expected to go beyond common sense and where the vast majority are expected to suffer to protect the tiny minority. Not just in Covid either - ***uality, gender, race, colour, religion we all have to suffer so as not to upset a minority.
    I refuse to play the game Deeranged.

Anyone that knows me knows that's not bull.

There are very few true social conservatives left, people are programmed to demand govt and authority intervene, I demand they butt out of my life .....why anyone who is capable wouldn't want to decide for themselves, make their own choices in life is beyond me .....leaving it in the hands of a few jumped up bams is beyond me.

Best thing in life making the correct choice, 2nd best making the wrong choice, someone else choosing ain't even on the podium.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    You have hit the nail on the head.
    This is another case of the tail wagging the dog.
    In my opinion it is up to the silent majority to stand up to the politicians and so called health ‘experts’ telling them that ‘enough is enough’. We want to get our lives back to normal and they should stop ruling our lives.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)