+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 156 of 212 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 2114

Thread: Sturgeonland

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    By all accounts they have produced a video with instructions on how to get on and off a bus.
    Apparently we have a generation that needs the comfort of a list of rules to follow before trying anything new.

In our day it was just a case of timing it so you could jump on and off while it was still moving.
    That wouldn't go down well nowadays, they would be in tears just thinking about it.

Of course, it's maybe the minkers like DeeDon that really put them off.
    The things to be wary of is the smelly barsteward, who you get on most buses now. Glad to say that although I may worry some folk on a bus, I take comfort that I don't stink.

Being on a warm bus on a hot day, with a person who has not been on speaking terms with soap and water for quite some time, is one of life's
    great misfortunes.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    The things to be wary of is the smelly barsteward, who you get on most buses now. Glad to say that although I may worry some folk on a bus, I take comfort that I don't stink.

Being on a warm bus on a hot day, with a person who has not been on speaking terms with soap and water for quite some time, is one of life's
    great misfortunes.

Right enough.
    Is the stinking minker better or worse that the fish worker though?

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    When the NEC rigged the rules at the last Scottish election so that no sitting MP was allowed to be a Holyrood candidate. This was rumoured to be a move to prevent Ms Cherry MP from candidature as she doesn’t toe The Party line on all subjects. Or so the rumour goes.

Robison as Finance Secretary, for fûck’s sake. Hilarious if it wasn’t such a car crash waiting to happen. I’m weary with reminding people that all governments do financially is tax you, me and The Mannie Along The Road, then distribute the cash over its priority areas, like ferries, a National Energy Company, and that.

Matheson gets the NHS. That’s THAT fûcked then. Probably the most useless dick of all getting the biggest budget to squander.

Gilruth looking after education. She didn’t exactly shine at Transport, did she, although that was a bit of a hospital pass given the sotter she inherited.

Somerville, aye the fûcking eejit who’s left further education in its current ailing state, is now the Social Justice Secretary. Crime and that, ken? “Yo! Time for a crime spree” as Snake in The Simpsons said.

Them’s just the highlights.

More to come, including the fate of Kevin Stewart…

Strap yersels in, comrades, it’s bound to be a bumpy hurl.

Thank your lucky stars you’re not a migrant though. Army camps being prepared to house the poor basturts. No word yet if gas chambers are part of the refurb, or if planning permission is being sought.
    Sorry but can't give you a like 57, but that is one hell of a funny post.

I’ve always used buses in the city to avoid driving. Toonser drivers’ attitudes might be summed up by a now-dead pal (who ended up at First, and as the T&G rep), who said of the use of box junctions, “As long as each wheel is in a separate diamond, the wardens can’t prosecute”. I used to walk for about 25 minutes and get a bus that took me right to Capitalist Inc’s door. Since I got my bus pass (claimed by Salmond as one of his successes) the car would be as well sold.

“Public transport” is a fûcking racket, but there seems to be no moves towards re-regulation by any of the “progressive” fuçkwits who’ll be promising the earth and several planets at the next election.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post

News that Covid’s covert agent Margaret Ferrier has fallen foul of the Parliamentary inquiry and may be suspended from the Commons. Like the lying former PM, possibly, this may result in a by-election in the Rutherglen area.

Interesting times.
    Margaret will have to "take one for the team".

You see Boris, what's good for the goose and all that.

This should never have taken this long. She should’ve been out on her @rse at the first opportunity.

King Nonce III is alright though, as the Royal variant didn’t seem to cause the same upset

The smell of fish was through hard toil in a fish hoose. Whilst I can't stand the smell of fish (and coming from a family where everybody worked in it, it was a problem). I appreciate somebody needing home after their work can't help reeking of the stuff.

To be fair, not many fish workers left in the city now though.

Folk that are just plain fool is another matter

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    This should never have taken this long. She should’ve been out on her @rse at the first opportunity.

King Nonce III is alright though, as the Royal variant didn’t seem to cause the same upset
    King Charles (the spaniel) followed the rules - his rules.

God bless 'im.

*tugs forelock, etc.*

https://www.bitebackpublishing.com/b...what-do-you-do

Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    King Charles (the spaniel) followed the rules - his rules.

God bless 'im.

*tugs forelock, etc.*

https://www.bitebackpublishing.com/b...what-do-you-do
    That book should be on the school curriculum

These protestors at the weekly FM Questions. Could they not just extend the question time by say 15/30 minutes and let these groups or individuals let off some steam on the understanding that they fu ck off after it.

Might even be better to let the protestors speak to parliament as they may actually have things to say of more relevance than the politicians have to say.

Page 156 of 212 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206 ... LastLast