+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 53 of 212 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Sturgeonland

Why is Sturgeon deciding which male convicts go into Womens prisons, my God if that women ever got to be President of Scotland you are all doomed !!!!!

I've no real dog in the gender recognition fight - I just want people to be happy (usual exclusions apply), but the FM's conflation of critics of the legislation with transphobia, misogyny, homophobia and 'possibly some of them racist as well' looks to be over the top, and entrenches division. That's quite the leap from someone disagreeing with a bill and a called-in Act of Parliament. She's done herself no favours taking that stance, and in so doing smearing people whose opinions do not coincide 100% with her own, and who may harbour genuine concerns about the content.

I thought Mason must have written that speech for her.

I’ll never get my head round how folk can disagree with the bill. That said, I am starting to think she’s made a mistake here. She completely underestimated what a backward wee bigoted sh1t hole Scotland can be.

I’ve been on this board longer than most and I can absolutely assure everyone, there was not a peep about this when 2010 Equality Act was rolled out.

There are 100+ trans prisoners in England btw but unionists, the Daily Mail & JK Rowling don’t give a shiny sh1t about them. Only the Scottish ones. Try and join the dots folks, I’m getting pretty bored spoon feeding you this

The derailed act is the act, and it will stand or fall by its operation should it go ahead in an agreed amended form. That’s where we are and I’m wholly ambivalent about its contents.

However, the FM’s statement is insulting and irresponsible to people who hold different views in what has been proven to be a controversial area. It’s playground stuff from the leader of the country, not just the bits of the fûcking SNP and the Greens who agree with her on the contents of the paused legislation. It’s not even grandstanding, it’s just puerile, petulant name-calling especially when tensions are apparently high, and positions seem to be becoming ever more entrenched. She’s proving to be an irresponsible arrogant cûnt.

Nothing could be simpler.

Baby is born.*

It's a boy
    or
    It's a girl

End of story, anything else is fantasy.
    Trying to make that fantasy into law is an enormous mistake.

* Yeah, ok, you can find out earlier now.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    The derailed act is the act, and it will stand or fall by its operation should it go ahead in an agreed amended form. That’s where we are and I’m wholly ambivalent about its contents.

However, the FM’s statement is insulting and irresponsible to people who hold different views in what has been proven to be a controversial area. It’s playground stuff from the leader of the country, not just the bits of the fûcking SNP and the Greens who agree with her on the contents of the paused legislation. It’s not even grandstanding, it’s just puerile, petulant name-calling especially when tensions are apparently high, and positions seem to be becoming ever more entrenched. She’s proving to be an irresponsible arrogant cûnt.
    I have no problem with some calling a bigot a bigot. The overwhelming majority of those people with genuine concerns don’t really give a toss

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Nothing could be simpler.

Baby is born.*

It's a boy
    or
    It's a girl

End of story, anything else is fantasy.
    I’m afraid it’s a bit more complex than that. I can see why you’re struggling

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I have no problem with some calling a bigot a bigot. The overwhelming majority of those people with genuine concerns don’t really give a toss
    Repeat - the paused legislation bothers me not a jot.

No problem with implying, in fact only ameliorating the statement by the use of ‘probably’ in conflating people’s rights to have objections with being racists? That’s bigotry too.

From the most senior politician in the country?

Astonishing.

The position doesn’t entitle her to do that, and demeans the position she holds, and the parliament. Drunk on power, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I’m afraid it’s a bit more complex than that. I can see why you’re struggling
    It's not remotely more complex than that. I can see why you're struggling.

Page 53 of 212 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast