+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: "Old Bob" makes his final pass.

"Old Bob" makes his final pass.

Because we are like family on here I have often mentioned my father-in-law who was a lifelong BWFC fan.

I say "was" because he died last night, we were with him at the end and he passed away peacefully in his sleep.

We have decided to send him on his way in his club blazer and scarf. He would have wanted nothing less.

BWFC lost a great friend and supporter last night. R.I.P. Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Because we are like family on here I have often mentioned my father-in-law who was a lifelong BWFC fan.

I say "was" because he died last night, we were with him at the end and he passed away peacefully in his sleep.

We have decided to send him on his way in his club blazer and scarf. He would have wanted nothing less.

BWFC lost a great friend and supporter last night. R.I.P. Bob.
    Sorry for your loss BT , never easy that mate I know it’s tough.
    Take Some comfort in that you were with him.

BT, so sorry to read this news this morning. My thoughts are with you and your family at this very sad time.

Sad news indeed BT. Condolences.

Sorry to hear this sad news BT.My condolences.

Thanks guys, I liked Bob the first time I met him because he really was "Football Mad".

His taste in his preferred football team of choice left a bit to be desired though.

Condolences to you and your wife BT. It's a shame Bob's last memory of the team is in League 1, they should be higher.

.....can recollect your mentioning of him, many times, your experiences together - you were close, so a great loss for you and yours...I add my sympathy - BT.

ooops, there goes the dixlexia....didin't catch that "W" between the B & F.

sorry BT.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

ooops, there goes the dixlexia....didin't catch that "W" between the B & F.

sorry BT.

It's the thought that counts - thanks Norder, my wife shed a tear with the photo.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)