+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF is going on?

What will make it more galling will be the loss of the young talent that is emerging!
    However, it does seem the likely scenario and probably tbe best outcome. Let's hope the PB when named (joke!) see DCFC as something more than a cash cow!

If it were me, Id pay maybe 5-10m maximum for the club, buy the ground cheap and resell it for development as a league 1 or 2 club doesn't need a ground like that, and ground share with Burton Albion or Chesterfield. Selling the ground should cover the initial investment. That way you get effectively a new club starting off still within the league and without the hassle of liquidation. We still keep our trophy record this way as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    If it were me, Id pay maybe 5-10m maximum for the club, buy the ground cheap and resell it for development as a league 1 or 2 club doesn't need a ground like that, and ground share with Burton Albion or Chesterfield.
    Then at last we have something to be grateful for...it’s not you!

At that level it could be......

Today Q have stated they 'believe' they will be able to announce a PB by the 'end of the week'!
    The question is do WE believe THEM, you know '48hrs, soon, imminent'!
    Yawn!!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    At that level it could be......
    Don’t be ridiculous...even you haven’t got that much GP...not after you’ve already bought Chelski!

Do we believe them, mac? No! I don’t believe them...I don’t believe Morris...I don’t believe the EFL...just seems to be the way of the world at the moment. Mad, bad and sad times.

Ah well you won't be wanting the 10% I was going to offer you on behalf of the community then! I'd stick with Swale's bid then if I were you....

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Article from the Black and White Together group seems to agree with what my thoughts have been. Namely that to avoid the 15 point penalty for not reaching the 100%/25% threshold we need, with the agreement of the creditors, roughly £30M to get out of debt. Then there's another £20M on top for the ground making roughly £50M in total.

If nothing happens between now and the summer we'll be worth way less than we are now, £5M tops maybe? No way we can avoid -15 at that price.

It makes sense for prospective buyers to wait but not for the fans and certainly not for the club as we'll lose half the squad this summer for nowt. Worrying times indeed.

https://www.dcfcbawt.org/post/storm-..._LQ_vaPHtiUajY
    I was under the impression a bid of £30 million had been turned down?

Also was it not reported that Mel Morris was prepared to forego £20 million for the ground? In any case, for a takeover, purchase of the ground now isn't essential, lease now, buy later on when we are in the prem!!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    I was under the impression a bid of £30 million had been turned down?
    That was the Binnie bid Swale. Apparently the £30M was for the club AND Pride Park. Guaranteed -15 points next season. Hence turned down. Possibly also turned down because the £10M for the club would see us pay football creditors off in full and lave maybe 1p in the pound for the rest, including HMRC. The creditors, especially HMRC would never go for that.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post

Do we believe them, mac? No! I don’t believe them...I don’t believe Morris...I don’t believe the EFL...just seems to be the way of the world at the moment. Mad, bad and sad times.
    I've said it before, every date they have mentioned has been accompanied by a caveat, be that believe, hope, could, might etc.

Just like the Brexit bus NHS example.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)