+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF is going on?

Mel Morris should be strung up. Hanged, drawn and quartered for what he has done to this club.

Despicable man

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post
    Mel Morris should be strung up. Hanged, drawn and quartered for what he has done to this club.

Despicable man
    Despicable would be if he did it on purpose rather than having a dream (which we all share), chasing it and failing, spectacularly. Reckless? Stupid? Definitely.

Despicable man
    Let’s keep some perspective here. I think you’re confusing Morris with Putin, OTR.
    Morris has royally ducked up. He took a lot of us in...me as much as anyone...and it’s looking like ending in the ruination of DCFC while he remains a very wealthy man.
    That is enormously frustrating, distressing, galling...call it what you will, but choose your sentiments carefully, there are some nutters out there who might just take you at your word.

What OTR's post does is highlight the frustration, helplessness, worry, concern fans have following MM's reckless ownership of the Club (I have no time for the 'dreams' excuse, fans have dreams owners have responsibilities!) which has been clearly exacerbated by Q's total inability to understand their moral and, imo, logical need to involve those same fans! Q's miserable attempts at communication, both the lack of and *******s they have spouted, makes Boris look like the perfect candidate for Mastermind!

Mel and Q have been the perfect storm and, with a little help from Gobson and the EFL, have created the fans greatest fears! I have no doubt some fans have thoughts on what they would like to see happen to Mel et al that make OTR's quite pleasant by comparison. The whole shower of dog's poo are to blame not the likes of OTR! Personally, I think OTR has been somewhat limited in his idea of retribution, I can think of far more 'enjoyable' outcomes!

We can all get emotive about "our club". Whether it's the Rams on here or the resident Tree Hugger. I think Mel decided where he wanted the club to go and went for it, come hell or high water. Unfortunately for Mel, and for the rest of us, he went several bridges too far and, eventually, not only did hell and high water arrive, they were accompanied by a hurricane, a swarm of locusts and a plague.

He'll never get back in fans' good books but he'd be seen slightly less harshly if he gave DCFC the ground back, free, and covered the outstanding debts in full. That way, a £30M bid would see the club have that money to invest in the playing staff and maybe buy Moor Farm back as well (no idea who owns it). Unfortunately, that isn't going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    What OTR's post does is highlight the frustration, helplessness, worry, concern fans have following MM's reckless ownership of the Club (I have no time for the 'dreams' excuse, fans have dreams owners have responsibilities!) which has been clearly exacerbated by Q's total inability to understand their moral and, imo, logical need to involve those same fans! Q's miserable attempts at communication, both the lack of and *******s they have spouted, makes Boris look like the perfect candidate for Mastermind!

Mel and Q have been the perfect storm and, with a little help from Gobson and the EFL, have created the fans greatest fears! I have no doubt some fans have thoughts on what they would like to see happen to Mel et al that make OTR's quite pleasant by comparison. The whole shower of dog's poo are to blame not the likes of OTR! Personally, I think OTR has been somewhat limited in his idea of retribution, I can think of far more 'enjoyable' outcomes!
    Don’t get me wrong, mac...I share that frustration, helplessness, worry, concern and despair, and I have complete contempt for Morris and the situation he has left the club, he professed to be a lifelong fan of, in.

He has however, I believe, already had to leave the area and put his property under 24/7 surveillance.

I hate was has happened, and is happening, to our club but words not far removed from incitement offer no solution...trying to convince him of the wisdom and, as far as Morris is concerned, affordability of MA’s second paragraph may do.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 23-03-2022 at 12:25 PM.

I've set the cat among the pigeons with my comments. Lol

Seems the man was a total fraud from day one and was gambling with other people's money most if the time, from what I understand. He's ruined the club and I would love to see him financially ruined too. He should crawl off under a stone and never re-emerge again anywhere near the club

Seems the man was a total fraud from day one and was gambling with other people's money most if the time, from what I understand. He's ruined the club and I would love to see him financially ruined too. He should crawl off under a stone and never re-emerge again anywhere near the club
    Lol...someone has to, OTR. Not going to disagree with your final sentence...but it’d be nice if he settled some debts and issues surrounding the ground first.

Seems the man ... was gambling with other people's money most if the time...
    I guess those who've lost their jobs or those small businesses who've lost expected income due to the fiasco would agree with that. It's one thing to gamble his own cash, but to gamble with other people's livelihoods is another matter.
    It concerns me, even if we get a new owner, what will happen going forwards, particularly regarding the ground. Grim days ahead and I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

[QUOTE=ramAnag;40008526]Don’t get me wrong, mac...I share that frustration, helplessness, worry, concern and despair, and I have complete contempt for Morris and the situation he has left the club, he professed to be a lifelong fan of, in.

He has however, I believe, already had to leave the area and put his property under 24/7 surveillance.

I hate was has happened, and is happening, to our club but words not far removed from incitement offer no solution...trying to convince him of the wisdom and, as far as Morris is concerned, affordability of MA’s second paragraph may do.[/QUOTE

I think Mel's achieved plenty of incitement without the need for anyone else's help. I don't recall the level of anger currently felt by the fans that I am acquainted with even during some desperate times, Maxwell comes to mind, that we have previously endured! I find the man odious and even if he sorted his garbage out (which I rate at zilch, now ducking chance, nil) the stress he has created will never be forgotten.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)