+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF is going on?

WTF is going on?

With the bloody so called takeover?

Enough is enough of this ongoing crap. It's about time somebody stepped up and tells the fans what the real issue is and why the Administrators keep saying a preferred bidder is imminent, but frig all happens?

Rant over

I think they are trying to play one bidder off against the other to up the price.

While the team and fans suffer

I think these admins are working backwards, so in 7 months it's gone from imminent, next 48hrs, after Christmas to now being complex despite the major stumbling block i.e. Middlesbrough being sorted a month ago. You'd accept that at the start of all this yes things were complex but how come after 7 months with all the bidders being vetted for funds, all given access to the data room, they must all know our finances inside out so why are they still asking for clarity, what don't they know that they should have known by now.

They know that 25p in the pound is the accepted figure, they know anything less will result in another 15 point deduction, if they won't commit to that then they aren't a serious bidder so goodbye

Hi OTR, imo Q haven't yet realised that Administrating a Football Club that is a major asset for the community and business structure of Derby and Derbyshire requires a level of communication that seems to be outside their accountants logic. Personally, I wouldn't rely on them to do my Tesco shopping without expecting to get a Floor Mop when it was a bag of Flour on my list!
    If I was a creditor expecting them to do the best for me I wouldn't hold my breath!!

Those in the know as far as these matters are concerned will claim that it is very complex and that the administrators have already saved us from liquidation.
    Personally I can only agree 100% with both Stenson and mac above, and OTR’s question...although tbf we’ve all been pretty much asking that since the inappropriately named ‘New Buyer Progress’ thread was started before Christmas.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 17-03-2022 at 01:13 PM.

Some have expressed concern that their dithering has brought us closer to extinction! That might not be far from reality!

Some might say since they missed the January transfer window where they could have taken us out of admin and strengthened the squad they're now waiting to see if we stay up before committing, yet if we're relegated and it looks more likely as the weeks pass that we will be then none of the bidders are obliged to take their interest any further and just walk away so after 9 months of false dawns and imminent announcements we end up with no one and liquidation is a certainly, its not like they've paid a deposit, we can't even get to that stage of tying one of the bidders down because for some reason there's still a sticking point but no fekker is coming out telling us what it is other than its complex, yes it was complex 7months ago but by now it should be just the formalities and dotting the i's and crossing the T's

If the Administrators had said 7 months ago, that Administration is a long and complex process that would take many months to complete, then they'd have handled this much better. Saying things like, "imminent", "48 hours", "pleasantly surprised at speed" and the like, is where they have failed and failed badly.

I can't understand why no bidder has come forward months ago for the following reason
    We had a squad full of massive potential with a strong asset value, if we could of got many of the young talent to sign extended contracts say in January
    You would be talking millions of pounds of players values, this has now been thrown down the drain
    I really think there must be around 20 million lost due to no ability to get any players to sign extended contracts
    I'm sure months ago most of the squad would have been loyal to Derby for giving them the chance of first team football
    For intellegent people to let this slide beggars belief
    if somone would of paid say 40 million in January rather than 30 million now I'm sure the money would have been clawed back on player values
    So the big worry is everything is lost, it would take years to re build .I just don't get it
    is there any realistic bidders ,its looking less likely now more than ever

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)