+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Run-in

The Run-in

This is always the most interesting and nerve racking part of the season. The Run-in as it often gets called, with less than 10 games to go.
    Where all clubs who have got summat to play for, are nervously looking at their own teams and even their rival teams remaining fixtures.
    How many games are going to be easy or hard for example, depending on who the opponents are.
    And we for the second season in a row, are keeping a close eye on Reading's matches.
    Let the games begin!!. 😉

Its also referred to as " WARRIFF" , damage wa done in July/August as far as im concerned , and we all know where the blame lies , its taken far too long to acknowledge Schopp simply wasnt up to the task , Left with a drawer full mainly of seconds !! Poya looks to be slowly but surely turning things around, will it be enough this late run of form ?i hope so just for the Fans, we deserve to be treated with respect and appreciated , will that happen ? Will we stay up ? I wish i knew , right now we are where we belong because of poor management at board level , the team belatedly and understandably have at last picked up some form , lets see which way the wind blows , and hope for the best ⚽️🚩☝

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Its also referred to as " WARRIFF" , damage wa done in July/August as far as im concerned , and we all know where the blame lies , its taken far too long to acknowledge Schopp simply wasnt up to the task , Left with a drawer full mainly of seconds !! Poya looks to be slowly but surely turning things around, will it be enough this late run of form ?i hope so just for the Fans, we deserve to be treated with respect and appreciated , will that happen ? Will we stay up ? I wish i knew , right now we are where we belong because of poor management at board level , the team belatedly and understandably have at last picked up some form , lets see which way the wind blows , and hope for the best ⚽️��☝
    Agree. Impossible to evaluate the fixtures and target certain games for points. On paper the home games look easier than the away games. However, at this stage of the season we have to go out and try and win every game. Not that we shouldn't have been doing that already. It's just certain players and managers set up differently regarding who they are playing. The cliche nine cup finals comes to mind.

Yeah Roma kid I agree with all that, but Im thinking as bad as it was, whats done is done now and we DO still have a chance of staying up!.
    Of course we all know what a disgusting set of owners we have here, and I want to see them out like most fans do.
    But like Ive said in this thread, its now all about the Run-in and looking for the wins here or there. And its also about us looking out for our rivals results as well, and keeping the fingers crossed and all.

We have to take care of our own results of course, but that was a double blow with Reading winning yesterday.
    And Peterbrough winning at Qpr today, that means Derby goto the foot of the table again.

It's a shame that if we lose to Reading it will be curtains.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    It's a shame that if we lose to Reading it will be curtains.
    Don't think we'll win , doubt we'll lose , it's not this game that defines our season (although it probably will ) it's the dreadful start where the damage was done , too many poor displays/errors, a Coach totally out of his depth , and all that may well see us go down , It was all avoidable too,

The Fat Lady will ev the gargling lotion ready if we draw or looiz to Reading.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    The Fat Lady will ev the gargling lotion ready if we draw or looiz to Reading.
    good owd Chlora ! wiv seen n earrd her a few times !

Reading's remaining fixtures--

Barnsley A
    Stoke H
    Cardiff H
    Sheff U A
    Swansea H
    Hull A
    WBA H
    Luton A

WBA play Reading and Barnsley in their final two games

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast