+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Booooooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    Greggs isn't that bad, their bread, rolls and softies are fairly shyte all taste much the same, but they offer a good range of pastries that folk seem to lap up, they also exploit the VAT position to make their items cheaper which will always go down well.

Out bakers just didn't move with the times, the only ones that did were Thains and to a lesser extent Ross of Chapel street, who seemed to have moved with the times, albeit their stuff isn't great and I wouldn't say either of them have that one product that is a standout, which every baker should have.

The Byron in Northfield is possibly the best baker in toon now, but having been taken over by what is left of Chalmers it remains to be seen how they hold up as Chalmers were really shyte and always amazed me how they lasted as long as they did. Ross of Inverurie is in my opinion the worst baker going.
    Byron baker used to be the best in the toon, it's been ****e for months

Quote Originally Posted by NEM83 View Post
    Byron baker used to be the best in the toon, it's been ****e for months
    Not good to hear.

A measure of a good baker is how good their Macaroni pies are, I recently had one from Milne the butcher in Bucksburn...Delish. Macaroni pie recommendations please.

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    Macaroni pie recommendations please.
    Leave them for the veggies. Meat eaters have a whole world of pies available to them

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    A measure of a good baker is how good their Macaroni pies are, I recently had one from Milne the butcher in Bucksburn...Delish. Macaroni pie recommendations please.
    Most butchers usually get their pies from Fleming's of Arbroath. Always found them to have to much mustard in them for my taste.
    Aitkens were my own favourite, but sadly no longer.
    Also used to get good ones from the Torry chipper, but been a while.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    Most butchers usually get their pies from Fleming's of Arbroath. Always found them to have to much mustard in them for my taste.
    Aitkens were my own favourite, but sadly no longer.
    Also used to get good ones from the Torry chipper, but been a while.
    Aye Flemings were OK but like yer good sel I also found them a bit spicy and thought it was pepper, The Greenfern baker in Mastrick do a cracking Mac Pie, Bell's pies most supermarket's sell are possibly the worst ever made and they should be prosecuted by trading standards,

Even the thought of a macaroni pie makes me want to puke

Torry chipper is the best in the toon though.

Mr Mo fair kens his fish

*chippy

It’ll be rice and beans for you.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    It’ll be rice and beans for you.
    Had that for lunch & will be having that for lunch for the next couple of weeks. You would need to be off your nut to eat any of the meaty alternatives

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast