+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: I’m calling it…

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    I don't think that 'long ball/direct' label is accepted by slightly older fans who saw the top flight years under Wilko and Jimmy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXMlVJIJtS0
    Agreed. I’m talking about my time supporting Notts which started with the Warnock era.

There was a lot to like about Moniz, if you ignore the away perfomances, especially the coats. Absolute class from the Dutchman.

I was very lucky to catch the Warnock era in the years at an age I loved football the most.

To continue the prediction, Cal comes off the bench to score the winner next week and hugs IB in the celebration.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    To continue the prediction, Cal comes off the bench to score the winner next week and hugs IB in the celebration.
    haha, can totally see that happening.

Saturday's lottery numbers also though please

KTD called it bang on#props

We’re going to go on a cracking little run now and we’ll finish 5th.
    Do you by any chance have next Tuesday's Euromillions numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Do you by any chance have next Tuesday's Euromillions numbers?
    Unfortunately that was only half of my prediction. The other half was that Nearly Ardley will break our hearts.

Unfortunately that was only half of my prediction. The other half was that Nearly Ardley will break our hearts.
    That means we will beat Grimsby and Wrexham though.

Thinking about it, would it be better to lose to Grimsby than get to the final and lose there?
    I don't think that but I'm sure someone out there will.

I think we can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post

Thinking about it, would it be better to lose to Grimsby than get to the final and lose there?

I think we can do it.
    We certainly have the quality to do it.
    I just hope if we do get to the final we draw on the experience of Harrogate.
    Beating Wrexham away, we might think the job is done.
    If it is Solihull, they’ve had a brilliant second half to the season and only got stronger as it’s gone on.
    I would class them as favourites now they’ve grabbed 3rd spot.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post

We finished 9th in 1989 after losing a SF and we were relegated in 1997 after losing a final, but we were also relegated in 2019 after a SF exit.

Since being in the NL it's been 5th after both a final and a SF exit but Burch is the first Notts manager to fail in the play offs and then survive to the end of the following season.

I would say losing two finals in three seasons would ramp up the pressure to get auto more than it would if we got knocked out in the SF - Which would not be good if they were slow out of the traps next season. There would definitely be more of a consensus that the only way we're going to get out of this league anytime soon is to win it, as Notts have shown they can't handle the pressure of the big winner takes all occasion.

Losing the QF would mean you'd go into next season not being able to trust in home advantage, so that would increase the pressure also.

So if we have to lose, going out at Wrexham would likely cause the least psychological damage, so long as we're not talking a crushing three or four nil defeat.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456