+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I’m calling it…

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I’m calling it…

We’re going to go on a cracking little run now and we’ll finish 5th.

Let’s hope so 👍

The fact that we have to go on a cracking little run to finish 5th is a worry itself. However COYP.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    The fact that we have to go on a cracking little run to finish 5th is a worry itself. However COYP.
    Pass the Pipe I'll have a drag. Think we will scrape in, but after that, it's a lottery

Until IB comes up with a plan B against teams who successfully high press us we'll be playing in this division

Quote Originally Posted by pjace View Post
    Until IB comes up with a plan B against teams who successfully high press us we'll be playing in this division
    I think the players came up with their own plan B last night when BW were pressing high they went long. Sometimes it came straight back but when Wootton won the ball we went on the attack. IB did seem not too happy about it but it seemed to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Thordardaughter View Post
    I think the players came up with their own plan B last night when BW were pressing high they went long. Sometimes it came straight back but when Wootton won the ball we went on the attack. IB did seem not too happy about it but it seemed to work.
    And it did work, Td. I've never been a fan of playing out from the back at our level. Whether Burchy liked it or not the early release upset the press of BW and gave us an option to move forward quicker. I think it must have been Slocombe's initiative as till then our fullbacks were dutifully standing wide in our penalty area, it was Slocombe's gentle underhand waving them forward that did the trick.

Methinks our goalie was reading the game better than the manager, certainly better than the BW manager as his players weren't sure of our next moves.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    And it did work, Td. I've never been a fan of playing out from the back at our level. Whether Burchy liked it or not the early release upset the press of BW and gave us an option to move forward quicker. I think it must have been Slocombe's initiative as till then our fullbacks were dutifully standing wide in our penalty area, it was Slocombe's gentle underhand waving them forward that did the trick.

Methinks our goalie was reading the game better than the manager, certainly better than the BW manager as his players weren't sure of our next moves.
    Slocombe was playing it long second half BECAUSE of the BW high line. In the second half Lacey was shagged and Rawlo, despite his obvious defensive talents is not a ball playing CB. The options simply weren't there to play out from the back. If we had a fit Cameron and Brindley in there then playing out from the back would most definitely have continued.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 25-03-2022 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    We’re going to go on a cracking little run now and we’ll finish 5th.
    I'm with that...
    More in expectation than hope !

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    I'm with that...
    More in expectation than hope !
    Surely you've got that the wrong way round, Pedders.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast