+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If you could turn back time ,

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    I thought this thread was gunna be thi doin a Cher impression Roma mi owd pal. For me as a BLADE, GOD(TONY TONY CURRIE) is the GREATEST player i've ever seen so it would be him and if i could 2 more it be Alan Woodward(King of the Wing) & Brian Deane the premier league history maker.Hope you & yours are well mate. UTB
    luvlee luv 👍 arr weer oreyt a think !! Some good choices theer mate , Woody wa good , Barnsley Boys star in a great side here , which Tarn player did you rate though ? Fjortoft 😃 only kidding , regards to you and family mate , keep well ,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    luvlee luv �� arr weer oreyt a think !! Some good choices theer mate , Woody wa good , Barnsley Boys star in a great side here , which Tarn player did you rate though ? Fjortoft �� only kidding , regards to you and family mate , keep well ,
    Mi favrit ex Reds player is Chris Morgan and no i'm not trying to get you Tykes angry but i see him quite regularly at academy games and i really enjoy chattin wi him and as a player he was a good defender,who gave 100% and of course could dish it out when needed. I also really rated Eric Winstanley he was a classy defender from what i remember and also Ronnie Glavin was a gud un.Stay as fit & healthy as ya can Roma and the same to all on here and their families. UTB

Speaking of wide players (or players who could play out wide) in a number 11 type role, I wish we still had Owen Archdeacon.
    But he eventually turned into Blackadder and Mr Bean din't he. 😂

And a Gwyn Thomas alongside Redders.

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Mi favrit ex Reds player is Chris Morgan and no i'm not trying to get you Tykes angry but i see him quite regularly at academy games and i really enjoy chattin wi him and as a player he was a good defender,who gave 100% and of course could dish it out when needed. I also really rated Eric Winstanley he was a classy defender from what i remember and also Ronnie Glavin was a gud un.Stay as fit & healthy as ya can Roma and the same to all on here and their families. UTB
    Ar liked Rob Kozluk who laiked for both our clubs Rod. He edda good couple o year at Oakwell and previous to that he had some great success under Warnock at Bramall Lane.

Chris Morgan was excellent at Barnsley. He came into our 1st team in the 97/98 Premiership season and did brilliantly for such a young lad. He gave us 6 years great service and captained us forra few seasons too.

Brian Howard was another who laiked for both clubs and he was awesome for us post 2006 reight until he left. Not too sure how he did for your but don't know if injuries played a part.

True or False ?..
    Rob Kozluk actually scored 1 goal for Barnsley. 😜

In fact here are 11 from the past i would have back.

Clive Baker

Nicky Eaden
    Arjan De Zeeuw
    Mick McCarthy
    Darren Barnard

Adam Hammill
    Neil Redfearn
    Gwyn Thomas

Craig Hignett

Ashley Ward
    Trevor Aylott

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    True or False ?..
    Rob Kozluk actually scored 1 goal for Barnsley. 😜

False. Unless it was an OG.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemsy_Phil View Post
    False. Unless it was an OG.
    Ahh yeah he scored an own goal against us, or should that be for us lol. When he was at Huddersfield, in a 1-1 draw at the McAlpine/Galpharm stadium thingy. 😁

Clive Baker, theres another former favourite of mine. He wan't that tall was he for a keeper, but he rarely let us down in the goal. 👍

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast