+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Representation, accountability and communication

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Your post is factually incorrect.
    The person in question after being invited to a ‘one to one’ meeting with John Nelms asked John Nelms if he could bring a fellow Dee4life director with him to their meeting.
    He did not request for the full Dee4life board to attend that meeting
    He has never received a reply to this request.
    I think that you might be confusing this with the meeting that the Dee4life board had with John Nelms on Saturday 4th January 2020 in the boardroom at Dens Park where John Nelms refused to accept Ian Baird’s nomination as the Dee4life Trust primary representative on the board of directors of Dundee Football Club Limited despite this being in breach of the entrenched rights of the A shares and articles 79-82 of the Dundee Football Club Limited Articles of Association.
    Not confusing anything and the whole shares / Ian Baird thing has nothing to do with the fact that Dee4Life have had two chances to go in and meet Nelms and have for whatever reason, chosen not to do so despite much noise publicly with questions etc. Go in and see the guy with your questions. Two chances were there recently. Go in and see him.
    I apologise if factually incorrect that it was just one fellow director that was to go in - which director was that to be out of interest?

What was factually incorrect was you saying dee4life got no answer to their December letter. They did. The answer was an invite for the secretary to go in and see him and I don't understand why that just didn't happen. Dee4Life members have not been informed of these opportunities to go and see nelms and may questions why that hasn't been taken up. As a member I am questioning it.

Who else can Dee4Life now put for for the fans rep on the board? Have they nominated anyone else. Was refusing Baird's nomination in breach of articles? I was under the impression club could veto three nominees before accepting a fourth. If it is a breach what are dee4life doing about it? What is the next course of action? Is there a legal route to enforce this/

Your post is factually incorrect.
    The person in question after being invited to a ‘one to one’ meeting with John Nelms asked John Nelms if he could bring a fellow Dee4life director with him to their meeting.
    He did not request for the full Dee4life board to attend that meeting
    He has never received a reply to this request.
    I think that you might be confusing this with the meeting that the Dee4life board had with John Nelms on Saturday 4th January 2020 in the boardroom at Dens Park where John Nelms refused to accept Ian Baird’s nomination as the Dee4life Trust primary representative on the board of directors of Dundee Football Club Limited despite this being in breach of the entrenched rights of the A shares and articles 79-82 of the Dundee Football Club Limited Articles of Association.
    To be fair if the 'fellow Dee4Life Director' was either you, Forbes or Iain Baird then there was no way John Nelms would have agreed to it.

Personally I could see why you and Forbes would not be welcome but I never got his beef with Iain Baird.

Quote Originally Posted by speroni View Post
    Not confusing anything and the whole shares / Ian Baird thing has nothing to do with the fact that Dee4Life have had two chances to go in and meet Nelms and have for whatever reason, chosen not to do so despite much noise publicly with questions etc. Go in and see the guy with your questions. Two chances were there recently. Go in and see him.
    I apologise if factually incorrect that it was just one fellow director that was to go in - which director was that to be out of interest?

What was factually incorrect was you saying dee4life got no answer to their December letter. They did. The answer was an invite for the secretary to go in and see him and I don't understand why that just didn't happen. Dee4Life members have not been informed of these opportunities to go and see nelms and may questions why that hasn't been taken up. As a member I am questioning it.

Who else can Dee4Life now put for for the fans rep on the board? Have they nominated anyone else. Was refusing Baird's nomination in breach of articles? I was under the impression club could veto three nominees before accepting a fourth. If it is a breach what are dee4life doing about it? What is the next course of action? Is there a legal route to enforce this/
    Think the first nomination is not subject to any veto. Second nomination and third nominations for the second position can be rejected but not the fourth candidate. Either way two members should be on athe board. Might not have been a success and very difficult for any fan to be put in the position of possibly being involved with confidential meetings and unable to share the details with the people who elected d him/her.
    Interesting that our neighbours have just terminated their arrangement with a representative from their share holding body. Maybe this is a poor system and going back to having a proper AGM with the club directors reporting and answering questions face to face might be an improvement.

I suggest that you read articles 79-82 of the Dundee Football Club Limited Articles of Association which are freely available to read on the Companies House website.
    The veto is available on the nomination of the Secondary representative not the Primary representative. Ian Baird was nominated to be the Primary representative on the board of directors of Dundee Football Club Limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    To be fair if the 'fellow Dee4Life Director' was either you, Forbes or Iain Baird then there was no way John Nelms would have agreed to it.

Personally I could see why you and Forbes would not be welcome but I never got his beef with Iain Baird.
    You are a bit behind the times.
    Ian Baird has not been a director of the Dee4life Trust since he resigned in September 2020.
    Last edited by islaydarkblue; 29-03-2022 at 06:31 PM.

I suggest that you read articles 79-82 of the Dundee Football Club Limited Articles of Association which are freely available to read on the Companies House website.
    The veto is available on the nomination of the Secondary representative not the Primary representative. Ian Baird was nominated to be the Primary representative on the board of directors of Dundee Football Club Limited.
    I'm not reading it I'm afraid - that's why I asked you for clarification for how it works.
    You didn't answer any of my questions though Islay, ie Who are Dee4Life putting forward now and if they are not accepted again what are dee4Life going to do about it? Can't Dee4Life take a legal route to enforce this?

Nor did you counter the claim online yesterday that Dee4Life have failed to take up two chances to meet with Nelms

I agree entirely with your answer BCram BTW

I'm not reading it I'm afraid - that's why I asked you for clarification for how it works.
    You didn't answer any of my questions though Islay, ie Who are Dee4Life putting forward now and if they are not accepted again what are dee4Life going to do about it? Can't Dee4Life take a legal route to enforce this?

Nor did you counter the claim online yesterday that Dee4Life have failed to take up two chances to meet with Nelms

Don't think personalities have anything to do with it. It looks to me as though FPS have decided they can ignore Dee4life. Disappointing for me as a Dee4Life member but the stadium issues seem to me to be a distraction and getting behind the manager and our team seem to be much more important just now.

I suggest that you contact the secretary of the Dee4life Trust with your questions instead of posting them on an Internet forum.

I suggest that you contact the secretary of the Dee4life Trust with your questions instead of posting them on an Internet forum.
    Fair enough. I did at start of the season and got no reply and I also emailed recently to ask why the offer of a meeting with Nelms wasn't taken up and got no reply.

Do you personally have an opinion on any of my questions regarding the fans rep?

Fair enough. I did at start of the season and got no reply and I also emailed recently to ask why the offer of a meeting with Nelms wasn't taken up and got no reply.

Do you personally have an opinion on any of my questions regarding the fans rep?
    You seem to be very well informed about all the behind the scenes activity at Dens Park for an ordinary poster on this forum.
    The last time that the Dee4life board of directors submitted the name of a person to be their Primary representative on the Dundee Football Club Limited board of directors John Nelms refused to accept the person stating that he could get rid of him in 24 hours which is wrong.
    John Nelms has to accept the person put forward by the Dee4life board of directors as their Primary representative.
    John Nelms can refuse the first three people nominated by the Dee4life board of directors as their Secondary representative but he must accept the fourth person nominated.
    At the time Bob Hynd was the Dee4life Secondary representative on the Dundee Football Club Limited board of directors.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)