+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Representation, accountability and communication

Representation, accountability and communication

We must as a club aspire to do better - the current arrangement of regular dialogue with the Head of the DSA with no output, periodical blockbusters from the club that tell you very little, no representation for supporters at board level or an opportunity to attend an AGM/Q&A. Add to that currently having no ‘way in’ via an SLO and I think all should agree it has been good for no one - including MD JN.
    The DSA have a meeting with member clubs next Saturday, if there is no movement on this before then I suggest they want to have a good look a part they play and the way this is set up. As an organisation they have been anonymous throughout this recent period of turmoil. It could be they are seeking a consensus amongst their member clubs, if that turns out to be the case that’s commendable. Either way they need to step up, it will be most interesting to hear what comes out of their meeting next weekend that is for sure. Good luck folks there’s plenty to do, we’ve got to do better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by scottg View Post
    We must as a club aspire to do better - the current arrangement of regular dialogue with the Head of the DSA with no output, periodical blockbusters from the club that tell you very little, no representation for supporters at board level or an opportunity to attend an AGM/Q&A. Add to that currently having no ‘way in’ via an SLO and I think all should agree it has been good for no one - including MD JN.
    The DSA have a meeting with member clubs next Saturday, if there is no movement on this before then I suggest they want to have a good look a part they play and the way this is set up. As an organisation they have been anonymous throughout this recent period of turmoil. It could be they are seeking a consensus amongst their member clubs, if that turns out to be the case that’s commendable. Either way they need to step up, it will be most interesting to hear what comes out of their meeting next weekend that is for sure. Good luck folks there’s plenty to do, we’ve got to do better than this.
    I think Scott,that part of the problem is too many groups,and no focal point for the fans. Add to that a CEO or whatever he calls himself who apparently only ever listens to anyone who agrees with him.

With the current set up,the fans have zero representation, and although the supporters society could demand their two places on the board,Nelms can either outvote them,or just have meetings in their absence. Either way he does what he wants.

As we have seen recently, Nelms is quite happy to respond to questions via a video,where he then answers different questions,and tells us how great things will be, I am not so sure he is so keen on any face to face discussions.

To be fair,with his backer being so far away,Nelms has essentially become de facto owner,and seems to be perfectly happy alienating dundee supporters. As we have seen,even a season ticket holder throwing his book at him was completely ignored.

He is also happy alienating fellow directors it seems,as a few have taken the opportunity to remove themselves from the board,and this,for me,is indicative of how he sees the club running. He knows better than anyone else,so why listen to anyone else.

The supporters society should probably have kept its membership at circa 4,500,and ignored the alleged dogs and budgies within its ranks,with the shares and a claim to that many members,they may have been able to claim to represent the wider fanbase. By introducing an annual membership,they can't really claim that representation with 200 members.

The DSA could withhold whatever monies it hands over,but realistically they would just be cut off the way dfcss were. Same for the foundation.

I fear for the future,unless we can get those three organisations,dfcss,dsa,and the foundation getting together,and sorting out what they want,and singing from the same songbook.

Maybe then, Nelms might just listen, but I am not sure it will ever happen

The best oxymoron post i have ever read - my fvcking sides absolute perfection SRYB

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    The best oxymoron post i have ever read - my fvcking sides absolute perfection SRYB
    I do not know what you are doing posting on this board especially as the United supporters are losing their Associate Director on the United Board of Directors.
    You should remember the old saying. “People in glass houses should not throw stones”.
    Last edited by islaydarkblue; 26-03-2022 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grantzer View Post
    I think Scott,that part of the problem is too many groups,and no focal point for the fans. Add to that a CEO or whatever he calls himself who apparently only ever listens to anyone who agrees with him.

With the current set up,the fans have zero representation, and although the supporters society could demand their two places on the board,Nelms can either outvote them,or just have meetings in their absence. Either way he does what he wants.

As we have seen recently, Nelms is quite happy to respond to questions via a video,where he then answers different questions,and tells us how great things will be, I am not so sure he is so keen on any face to face discussions.

To be fair,with his backer being so far away,Nelms has essentially become de facto owner,and seems to be perfectly happy alienating dundee supporters. As we have seen,even a season ticket holder throwing his book at him was completely ignored.

He is also happy alienating fellow directors it seems,as a few have taken the opportunity to remove themselves from the board,and this,for me,is indicative of how he sees the club running. He knows better than anyone else,so why listen to anyone else.

The supporters society should probably have kept its membership at circa 4,500,and ignored the alleged dogs and budgies within its ranks,with the shares and a claim to that many members,they may have been able to claim to represent the wider fanbase. By introducing an annual membership,they can't really claim that representation with 200 members.

The DSA could withhold whatever monies it hands over,but realistically they would just be cut off the way dfcss were. Same for the foundation.

I fear for the future,unless we can get those three organisations,dfcss,dsa,and the foundation getting together,and sorting out what they want,and singing from the same songbook.

Maybe then, Nelms might just listen, but I am not sure it will ever happen
    My wife who is a ‘Football widow’ has said to me “Why is there is not one group representing all the Dundee Supporters”.
    She is correct as the number of Dundee supporters attending home games at Dens Park is falling each season no matter what league were are playing in.
    Under the entrenched rights the Dee4life Trust are entitled to two representatives on the board of directors of Dundee Football Club Limited.
    John Nelms must accept the person nominated by the Dee4life Trust board of directors as their Primary representative.
    John Nelms can refuse to accept the first three people nominated by the Dee4life Trust board of directors as their Secondary representative but he must accept the fourth person nominated.
    I understand that there are only three Dundee FC board of directors meetings per year and it is unlikely that FPS would be outvoted as including Tim Keyes there are four other directors on the Dundee Football Club Limited board of directors.
    Unfortunately it has been posted on the forums that the two founding members of the 1893 Foundation now have nothing to do with it.
    There is now a volunteer helping the club running the 1893 Foundation but as usual nobody knows who is this volunteer.
    John Nelms stated in his reply to the Open Letter that the DSA are now attending the fortnightly Dundee FC meetings attended by senior management.
    If I was a member of Dundee Supporters Club which I am not I would be asking the DSA representative attending the Dundee FC meetings if he has been raising the Dundee Supporters concerns about the way Dundee Football Club was being run at present and the poor lack of communication from the Managing Director.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    My wife who is a ‘Football widow’ has said to me “Why is there is not one group representing all the Dundee Supporters”.
    She is correct as the number of Dundee supporters attending home games at Dens Park is falling each season no matter what league were are playing in.
    Under the entrenched rights the Dee4life Trust are entitled to two representatives on the board of directors of Dundee Football Club Limited.
    John Nelms must accept the person nominated by the Dee4life Trust board of directors as their Primary representative.
    John Nelms can refuse to accept the first three people nominated by the Dee4life Trust board of directors as their Secondary representative but he must accept the fourth person nominated.
    I understand that there are only three Dundee FC board of directors meetings per year and it is unlikely that FPS would be outvoted as including Tim Keyes there are four other directors on the Dundee Football Club Limited board of directors.
    Unfortunately it has been posted on the forums that the two founding members of the 1893 Foundation now have nothing to do with it.
    There is now a volunteer helping the club running the 1893 Foundation but as usual nobody knows who is this volunteer.
    John Nelms stated in his reply to the Open Letter that the DSA are now attending the fortnightly Dundee FC meetings attended by senior management.
    If I was a member of Dundee Supporters Club which I am not I would be asking the DSA representative attending the Dundee FC meetings if he has been raising the Dundee Supporters concerns about the way Dundee Football Club was being run at present and the poor lack of communication from the Managing Director.
    If DSA start asking awkward questions their privileged position with John Nelms will be gone. They will therefore maintain their sycophantic stance and keep the 'extras' that their senior members have.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    If DSA start asking awkward questions their privileged position with John Nelms will be gone. They will therefore maintain their sycophantic stance and keep the 'extras' that their senior members have.
    The DSA should be representing the members of all their individual supporters clubs and not cosying up to John Nelms.
    At least the Dee4life Trust are prepared to ask awkward questions. Whether they will get an answer to their questions is another matter as they are still waiting for the answer to a list of questions they sent to John Nelms on 9th December 2021.
    The Dee4life Trust board of directors since 2016 have been trying to get the Bank of Scotland account closed which was previously used for the joint venture between the society and Dundee Football Club for DEETV and the various packages such as Gold and Platinum memberships with no success.
    The saga of the Bank of Scotland account has been documented in the minutes of the Dee4life Trust board of directors meetings since 2016 which are available to read in the Dee4life Trust website.
    In April 2021 a letter was sent to John Nelms stating that the Dee4life Trust board of directors had decided to donate the balance of the Bank of Scotland account to Dundee Football Club to try to get the account closed.
    John Nelms replied that he was too busy to deal with this matter and he might have more time in the summer to deal with it.
    Since then there has been no further communication from John Nelms about getting the Bank of Scotland account closed and the remaining balance of around £2,500 put to good use.
    In my opinion this money could be spent purchasing masonry paint to cover up the graffiti on the boundary wall on Dens Road or spruce up the peeling paint in the Main Stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    What ‘extras’ do their senior members have?

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    The DSA should be representing the members of all their individual supporters clubs and not cosying up to John Nelms.
    At least the Dee4life Trust are prepared to ask awkward questions. Whether they will get an answer to their questions is another matter as they are still waiting for the answer to a list of questions they sent to John Nelms on 9th December 2021.
    In response to that letter the Dee4Life secretary was invited to a one to one meeting with John Nelms to discuss it in person but declined saying he wanted the full dee4life board

Dee4life then failed to take up the offer from the dsa to go into a meeting with them to speak to Nelms

What is this cosying up you talk of? What are they doing?

Quote Originally Posted by speroni View Post
    In response to that letter the Dee4Life secretary was invited to a one to one meeting with John Nelms to discuss it in person but declined saying he wanted the full dee4life board

Dee4life then failed to take up the offer from the dsa to go into a meeting with them to speak to Nelms

What is this cosying up you talk of? What are they doing?
    Your post is factually incorrect.
    The person in question after being invited to a ‘one to one’ meeting with John Nelms asked John Nelms if he could bring a fellow Dee4life director with him to their meeting.
    He did not request for the full Dee4life board to attend that meeting
    He has never received a reply to this request.
    I think that you might be confusing this with the meeting that the Dee4life board had with John Nelms on Saturday 4th January 2020 in the boardroom at Dens Park where John Nelms refused to accept Ian Baird’s nomination as the Dee4life Trust primary representative on the board of directors of Dundee Football Club Limited despite this being in breach of the entrenched rights of the A shares and articles 79-82 of the Dundee Football Club Limited Articles of Association.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)