+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Chesterfield 26.03.22 [NL]

That game summed up our season. Decent enough in spells and occasionally very easy on the eye, but in the end not quite good enough to get the result we wanted.

To say they were time wasting they were the only team who looked as if they might snatch it. We were done. All a bit disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I'm sure you'll try and claim "progess" was deliberate sarcasm, but that will be about as believable as the fabled "second game"!
    No sarcasm at all, I class the gradual disappearance over time as progress on NCM. Needless policing of a football message board always seemed a little strange to me.

Maybe the full time members' obsession with it finally faded or they found another hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    No sarcasm at all, I class the gradual disappearance over time as progress on NCM. Needless policing of a football message board always seemed a little strange to me.
    Just as pretending you've attended games you clearly haven't attended seems very strange to me #viva.

Back to the game, so if you watched it on telly what did you make of our penalty award? Looked a soft one to me, but I didn't have the benefit of TV replays. I thought the one Ruben had earlier was a better shout.

Just seen this appraisal from 'a lad' on the Chesterfield board:

Watched the penno frame by frame on tv (couldn't get today). Whittle stretched for ball bouncing away from his. Mistimed it. Realised that he wasn't going to get the ball and saw their man. Pulled leg back but momentum kept him going. Their lad kept going. Whittle didn't touch their lad's leading foot but Whittle's momentum took him into their lad. Their lad went down holding his leg - nonsense but still a penno 75% of the time at least. Quite unlucky as Whittle could see what was about to happen, pulled out but his momentum took him into their lad.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    That game summed up our season. Decent enough in spells and occasionally very easy on the eye, but in the end not quite good enough to get the result we wanted.

To say they were time wasting they were the only team who looked as if they might snatch it. We were done. All a bit disappointing.
    This. The occasional easy on the eye stuff is lovely etc…but when we have such a soft under belly and what looks like instructions to walk the ball into the net each time rather than putting their foot through it…all a bit disappointing.

Great atmosphere today. Good in spells. 2nd half we were the better team, but we can’t keep messing around with it all the t8me. Just hit the bloody thing!
    Thought Lacey was off colour today. Rawlinson was solid, but Lacey, who I rate, was sloppy and not on it all.
    Don’t know where all the love for DKE on the left is coming from. Always love the guys commitment, but we need a crosser on the left when we use 3 (or let’s be honest, ore like 6) at the back.

IB can keep repeating the loads of chances stuff in interviews, but when does it become an issue that there are loads of chances, but we’re not controlling games through scoring?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Just as pretending you've attended games you clearly haven't attended seems very strange to me #viva.

Back to the game, so if you watched it on telly what did you make of our penalty award? Looked a soft one to me, but I didn't have the benefit of TV replays. I thought the one Ruben had earlier was a better shout.
    Looked a soft one to me as well. Not seen the tv replay yet either.
    Thought their claim when JoB I think pulled their man down in the area was more of a shout than ours!

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Piss poor is a bit over the top Jacob, we have played much better I will give you that but both teams cancelled each other out. Apart from them hitting the post and Wooton missing a sitter there weren't many clear cut chances.
    Yeah, that’s kind of my point. Result in itself isn’t a disaster by any means, but Chesterfield have been running at mid-table form at best for weeks (basically since Rowe disappeared) and are not a good team at the minute. 1-1 was about right, but in our position I would expect us at least to be putting them under pressure for decent spells in the second half but tbh they saw out a point they were obviously happy with and never really had much to worry about. Not a good Notts performance at all IMO.

Don’t really get what’s going on with some of the players either. Sam was well worth a run out today, and Nemane has played about 10 minutes since being the best player on the pitch at Woking.

We are going to scrape into 5 or 6th place. Playoffs again but we have gone no further forward compared to last season and certainly not compared to the season before. I fear a similar end to our season as last season when we conceded 6 goals in 2 play off games
    We just cant claim we are anywhere good enough tbh

Style over substance again.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Style over substance again.
    I really hope that doesn't turn out to be Burchnall's epitaph.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast