+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Open Letter mk 2

Open Letter mk 2

Dear John and Tim,

Thank you for responding to our open letter.

We once again acknowledge the stability you have brought to the club and note the achievements you have listed. It is reassuring to hear you restate your commitment to Dundee and we have never doubted that your intentions for the club were anything other than honourable.

However, we do not feel your reply directly addresses the core element of our open letter - the call for reform to the structure of the club to increase representation, expertise and accountability. To that end:

* Will you commit to reinstating fan representation at boardroom level?
    * Will you commit to introducing individuals with new skillsets and fresh ideas to the board of directors?
    * Will you commit to reintroducing a club AGM, or other public meeting, where shareholders/supporters are able to ask questions about the running of the club?

Given that the open letter has achieved significant traction - considerably more Dundee supporters have now signed it than attended the recent cup quarter final - we believe we are speaking for a substantial number of fans when we ask whether you will be willing to meet with a small number of the original signatories to address these questions.

Those who signed the letter gave support to the continuation of FPS ownership but called for fairly moderate reforms to ensure that the club can not only survive this current crisis but thrive in its aftermath.

In your response you make reference to the events of 2003 and 2010. The circumstances leading up to both are very different but on each occasion questions failed to be asked of those in power. We cannot afford to make the same mistake again.

Good to get a response from the club. For me it didn’t really address the points but pointed to limited areas of improvements.

It’s no use having great relationships with other clubs and the authorities when you have no relationship with your customer. This should be easy to improve and benefit DFC as a whole.

Not having a go here,I commend anyone trying to start dialogue,even tho I believe it's hitting heads against brick walls.

Hopefully the club agree to at least discuss the options given,but....

Where do you go next if the reply is No,No,and No?

Not saying it will,but if it is?

Quote Originally Posted by dayster View Post
    Good to get a response from the club. For me it didn’t really address the points but pointed to limited areas of improvements.

It’s no use having great relationships with other clubs and the authorities when you have no relationship with your customer. This should be easy to improve and benefit DFC as a whole.
    Will you be making public the latest club reply alluded to in the Tully online? I see in the paper that Nelms has invited this group to put forward someone as the new SLO. You fancy it?

Quote Originally Posted by speroni View Post
    Will you be making public the latest club reply alluded to in the Tully online? I see in the paper that Nelms has invited this group to put forward someone as the new SLO. You fancy it?
    No. Same reason I stepped down from foundation. Juggling work, New born and uni work means I couldn’t do it any justice

Quote Originally Posted by dayster View Post
    No. Same reason I stepped down from foundation. Juggling work, New born and uni work means I couldn’t do it any justice
    Absolutely fair enough. What about the other 9? any of them fancy it?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)