+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OT - that bitch slap

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Whoever they are...I will, for a change, take your advice rA
    What’s amazing GP is that, on the news this morning, I’ve watched two British politicians being interviewed about the Oscars incident this morning.
    Of course they’ve both trotted our the cliche...’violence is never the answer’...which is actually bollux imo...but talk about a storm in a teacup...I mean, who gives a damn especially when we’re still dealing with (in no particular order) Covid, the possibility of chemical warfare, whether the PM should resign and whether there is a future for DCFC.

I suppose all I can add to that is that it doesn't surprise me in this sick celebrity obsessed society that we live in. The trivial becomes important (I almost said ***** there) to so many people and the important trivial.

Maybe its just a way for people to hide away from grim reality of life in the 2020's, but why do people keep falling for what no doubt is just another PR stunt to bring two irrelevant people into the spotlight? Perhaps the impact of winning some TV celebrity show is finally wearing off and Young needs to boost his fading status?

I suppose all I can add to that is that it doesn't surprise me in this sick celebrity obsessed society that we live in. The trivial becomes important (I almost said ***** there) to so many people and the important trivial.

Maybe its just a way for people to hide away from grim reality of life in the 2020's, but why do people keep falling for what no doubt is just another PR stunt to bring two irrelevant people into the spotlight? Perhaps the impact of winning some TV celebrity show is finally wearing off and Young needs to boost his fading status?
    Lol...blimey, you really have done well to miss this one. AF was ‘just joshing’...it was Will Smith not Will Young. Either way, as you say, largely ‘irrelevant’, especially in all the current circumstances.

Presumably not Kid Rock either then? Perhaps Kid Creole, without his coconuts?. Or maybe the Amnesiac in me thinks it could be Kid A? I'm deliberately not googling it now!!

Presumably not Kid Rock either then? Perhaps Kid Creole, without his coconuts?. Or maybe the Amnesiac in me thinks it could be Kid A? I'm deliberately not googling it now!!
    You’re right GP...not Kid Rock either...though what Chrissy Rock, the Liverpool actress and comedienne, was doing at the Oscars at all is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    You’re right GP...not Kid Rock either...though what Chrissy Rock, the Liverpool actress and comedienne, was doing at the Oscars at all is beyond me.
    Wouldn't be the first scouser to get into a fight, and I'm sure wont be the last

Wouldn't be the first scouser to get into a fight, and I'm sure wont be the last
    Glad to have cleared it all up for you at last.

GP - since when did a bitch slap constitute a fight?

TBH MA I'm actually not familiar with the expression "bitch slap", I just assumed from the tenor of the thread that it was indicative of some form of physical violence perpetuated by one party upon the other, presumably for the purposes of attendant publicity. I've got zero interest in a bunch of luvvies congratulating each other on doing their hugely well paid day jobs, so neither witnessed the "kerfuffle" (is that a better word?) nor can be arsed to review it on t'net.

Beginning t wish I hadn't asked what the thread was about in the first place now
    Last edited by Geoff Parkstone; 29-03-2022 at 02:14 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)