+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cauley back soon

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Woodrows problem this season has been the absence of creativity from our midfield. Put the ball in the right areas and Cauley has proved he’s a goal scorer. Now we have 2 new faces in the midfield and Morris fit and in form I’m hopeful of seeing the old Cayley back.
    We’ve had this conversation recently.
    Woodrow dosent fit the pressing system.
    He’s neither fast enough or strong enough.

As for the better service from midfield - in one match earlier in the season I counted the times the play broke down when the ball was played up to him.
    13 times in the 1st half.
    15 times in the 2nd half.

We can’t play 12 players.
    So Woodrow either replaces Morris.
    Or he replaces one of the new midfielders you mentioned.
    Which is it ?
    Because as I said - the team is just starting to tick - and I wouldn’t want to put that at risk for a player that had a good season 3 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Here we go again... a few days respite then he is back again.

Pathetic.
    Tha keen cocker.
    Counting days - has tha missed me ???
    Fat Chops, Phil and Phil and the Warrior.
    The 3 Muckintears.
    😂😂😂
    All for one - and one for Nudger.
    Last edited by Young_Nudger; 29-03-2022 at 12:28 AM.

Is he a target man nudger?

Or does he play his best games alongside one?

You’ve answered this yourself over and again.

He hasn’t had a decent partner all season and for that reason and the pitiful midfield we have had he’s not been at his best.

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Is he a target man nudger?

Or does he play his best games alongside one?

You’ve answered this yourself over and again.

He hasn’t had a decent partner all season and for that reason and the pitiful midfield we have had he’s not been at his best.
    That’s the point tho int it Eth’s - we don’t play a system now that suits Woodrow.
    Or players like Chaplin.
    Woodrow was good when Kieffer was at the side of him - and there was a strategy of employing wingers.
    How many wingers do we have now - none.
    The last player seen at the club that could play as a winger was probably Luke Thomas.

IMO - it looks like the spreadsheet has been moved away from fox in the box type players and wingers - and has moved now to strikers that drop into two categories.
    Either lightning quick - or strong enough to win the ball and hold it up.
    Woodrow drops into neither.
    And neither does some coming through the ranks like Victor.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    That’s the point tho int it Eth’s - we don’t play a system now that suits Woodrow.
    Or players like Chaplin.
    Woodrow was good when Kieffer was at the side of him - and there was a strategy of employing wingers.
    How many wingers do we have now - none.
    The last player seen at the club that could play as a winger was probably Luke Thomas.

IMO - it looks like the spreadsheet has been moved away from fox in the box type players and wingers - and has moved now to strikers that drop into two categories.
    Either lightning quick - or strong enough to win the ball and hold it up.
    Woodrow drops into neither.
    And neither does some coming through the ranks like Victor.
    I take it you completely missed last season, you say he does not fit the pressing game, he like the others were superb at it under Val , a season what saw us get to the play offs , a season in which Woodrow top scored again , but you say he does not fit the system , please go on you tube & watch the 46 matches you missed & stop coming out with your continual wind ups & remember we require 14 players effectively used during a match , Woodrow has to be in that 14 if fit .

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    I take it you completely missed last season, you say he does not fit the pressing game, he like the others were superb at it under Val , a season what saw us get to the play offs , a season in which Woodrow top scored again , but you say he does not fit the system , please go on you tube & watch the 46 matches you missed & stop coming out with your continual wind ups & remember we require 14 players effectively used during a match , Woodrow has to be in that 14 if fit .
    Shad - I respect your point of view.
    We will have to agree to disagree on this.

Take away his penalties - and I must say Woodrow is one of the best I’ve seen at taking penalties - but without that he didn’t score many.
    And to my mind he struggled last season.
    Vastly overshadowed by Morris and Dike.
    And IMO the speed and work rate of Frieser was more valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Tha keen cocker.
    Counting days - has tha missed me ???
    Fat Chops, Phil and Phil and the Warrior.
    The 3 Muckintears.
    😂😂😂
    All for one - and one for Nudger.

Always the victim.

Never your fault.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12