+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glad to be back

Glad to be back

On this board again .
    I locked myself out on a few occasions and I'm so disorganised I forget my password everytime after cleaning up my out dated computer because after a while it becomes slow that's when I lose my log in details .

Hopefully get back to having a few laughs again .👍

My dear Dons,

hope somebody here remembers me, i'm from Bavaria and met some good boys from this forum in February 2008 in Munich. I got in touch some weeks before the Bayern Munich vs. Aberdeen FC UEFA-Cup game in Munich with a father and his son from Findochty (hope it's right...) here in this forum and than with many other nice people here, than we met in Munich and together we had two great days in Munich, along with aprox. 6000 Reds and lots of famous beers in the Augustiner Brew in the city centre on the warm up day and also on the match day when we lost 5:1. Always remember this great time, beeing AFC-friend since the 1980 when Aberdeen in 1983 and 1984 maybe had the best club side in Europe that time, beating Bayern, Hamburg, Madrid etc. My love for the club still remained since that time. Have been to Pittodrie also. Maybe somebody is reading my words here and remembers Munich 2008, maybe is pleased of my comeback here and it would be great to get in touch angain and write some lines here now and again. Red and white greatings, all the best to everybody, Bernd from Bavaria, Germany.

Remember you posting on here Bavarian Don , it's great seeing you back posting .

I personally didn't meet you but remember thinking you were a nice lad going by your postings .

Bivariate Don, I was not in Munchen for that game but were the father and son named Alan and Scott? If so they're pals of mine.
    Can't have been that many fathers and sons from Findochty there.

Don't know what auto correct did there, but that should be Bavarian.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Bivariate Don, I was not in Munchen for that game but were the father and son named Alan and Scott? If so they're pals of mine.
    Can't have been that many fathers and sons from Findochty there.
    Hi InversneckieDob,

aye, i now remember their names, it have been definately Alan und Scott - 100% sure.

I have a lot of pictures of the big Don's party at the Augustiner Brew Beer Hall in the city centre and also some of the Allianz Arena, where almost the whole north curve was filled with Aberdeen supporters.

How are Alan and Scott? Hope they are fine and also all the rest of the boys (and some girls..) i met that time - hope some of them say hello here after 14 years.
    Last edited by Bavarian_Don; 02-04-2022 at 09:34 AM.

If you see Alan and Scott give them my greetings and best wishes. I am 54 years old now, my children are adult already, still live west of München and south of Augsburg, chairman of the works council in a company of the energy industry and since 17 years season ticket holder of the FCA here, Augsburg Football Club, which hopefully holds the 1. Bundesliga again the 11 year in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Bavarian_Don View Post
    Hi InversneckieDob,

aye, i now remember their names, it have been definately Alan und Scott - 100% sure.

I have a lot of pictures of the big Don's party at the Augustiner Brew Beer Hall in the city centre and also some of the Allianz Arena, where almost the whole north curve was filled with Aberdeen supporters.

How are Alan and Scott? Hope they are fine and also all the rest of the boys (and some girls..) i met that time - hope some of them say hello here after 14 years.
    Scott's married now and Alan's retired, both still doing well but I haven't seen that much of them over pandemic time.

I live a fair way from them but they get our supporters club bus to the matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Bavarian_Don View Post
    If you see Alan and Scott give them my greetings and best wishes. I am 54 years old now, my children are adult already, still live west of München and south of Augsburg, chairman of the works council in a company of the energy industry and since 17 years season ticket holder of the FCA here, Augsburg Football Club, which hopefully holds the 1. Bundesliga again the 11 year in a row.
    I'm on a WhatsApp group with them both, I'll message them now.
    What's your name Bud?

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I'm on a WhatsApp group with them both, I'll message them now.
    What's your name Bud?
    Bernd

We have been together two days, i showed them a little bit of Munich, although you need at least a week to see this big 1,8 Million City really, but to drink and party at the Augustiner with our world famous big Bavarian "Mass-jars" (1 litre) was more important of course if you are in Munich as an away fan...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast