+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Matchday thread v PNE (H) 020422

I shall predict a loss for all remaining games! Shame Barnsley didn't beat Reading, but hey can't have everything.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Some pillock on FB this morning saying "the team's given up". I asked if he actually goes to games...... no answer thus far.
    They certainly haven’t ‘given up’, as yesterday’s performance showed, but I have it on very good authority (nameless player who actually would love to stay) that they are increasingly disillusioned and frustrated with the way things have been handled.
    The word ‘shambles’ was used and I can only agree...fans and players share much the same sentiment, but while it’s our passion it’s their livelihood.

They started better than we did and looked good without threatening to score. Slowly but surely we got into the game and deserved the win. 12 shots on target to their 1 tells the story on possession of 54%.

Ref let a lot of pushes and unfair challenges by them go unpunished. Not as lenient on us. Max's red was deserved. I was pleasantly surprised at their red as the guy wasn't the last man despite the player closer to the goal not being in a position where he could have got to Tom. The decision was IMO correct as the other defender couldn't have stopped Tom taking a shot.

Some online have complained at the incident where Tom was felled on halfway and we didn't get a free kick. Ref played on and the move ended in a shot. He then booked the PNE player for the foul. He got that right. He also sidestepped 2 chances to give PNE players a 2nd yellow which would have seen them reduced to 8 players had he given both.

Putting Bielik and Rav on changed the game and there was only really one team in it after that. The scoreline would have been greater had it not been for their keeper who was probably the best player on the park. It was starting to look like one of those days when you do everything but find the net. then came that 4 second madhouse of keeper save, keeper save, blocked shot, ball headed out from under the bar...... and then Rav beat Bielik to the ball, lovely scissor kick and the net bulges.

If I was right on my 5 wins and we're probably safe thinking, that's 1 down, 4 to go. The first of which is at Swansea who will be in 7th heaven following their 4-0 win at Cardiff. Not an easy task but we can win it. I fully expect Rav and Bileik to start. Usual back 5. Bielik and Knight. Rav, Tom and Ebiowi. It looks like Plange is the only fit striker we have but I'd be tempted to go with Sibs.

I can't see us getting anything from Swansea! Our away from is very poor. its not mathematically certain but we are down!

Maddy, I think Derby hopes of staying up, are in the same catagory as my lot catching Bournemouth.
    Thin and grasping at straws.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Maddy, I think Derby hopes of staying up, are in the same catagory as my lot catching Bournemouth.
    Thin and grasping at straws.
    I have been consistent of late in saying what we would need to stay up. I have not said we WILL. Now it's 6 games to go. Win 4 or more and we stay up. Win 3 or less and we don't. I have said not impossible but improbable. As long as it's a possibility I will continue to hold on to the hope the Great Escape is on. The hope is totally dependent on winning as many of the last 3 away games as we have the first 20...... stats say no. Stranger things have happened.

Surely we have to win 4 or more to have a chance of staying up, it won't guarantee that because obviously it depends upon the pts that either Barnsley or Reading pick up in the next few matches.

Derby could get 12 pts from their last 6 matches and Reading get 7 pts from their last 7 games and we are still down. Given Reading have drawn 2 and won 1 of the last 3 games, that looks to be more than a possibility.

At the moment Reading getting 3 of the 7 pts they need, winning our next 4 games won't make a damn bit of difference at this rate.

Unfortunately Swales is right. Reading need just 4 points (based on our winning 4 games out if the remaining 6) to guarantee staying ahead of us in the table. 5 points more to be reasonably certain of finishing above Barnsley.

L1 bound after what has been a terrific season from the manager, staff players and fans. All of the effort, all of the passion reduced to nought because of one man's recklessness, aided and abetted by an MD who seems not to have done the necessary to keep that one man in check.

Its a shame, but there we go a season in league 1 won't be that bad IF we are bought out of administration, we will still have a club!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)