+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Computer help

Computer help

The reason I've not prefixed this with 'O/T' is that it's really about NCM, and more specifically about the continuation of 60YAP's excellent Match Day Bet Competition. Because he's put so much effort into it, it would be disappointing if it ended now in some sort of PPG scenario like our first season in this league did. I'm willing to try and take it to the end of the season so we know who won rather than guess who won, but I don't have his computer skills. I'm confident I can create and maintain the easy to understand Excel format he used, but I don't know how to transfer it here.

The help I'm asking for is probably very simple, I just need someone to tell me how to get an Excel file in readable form on here, because a simple copy and paste doesn't work. If anyone can give me advice, please be aware it needs to be on a beginner level. I could probably do a bodge job, but I would like to stick with the original format if I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    The reason I've not prefixed this with 'O/T' is that it's really about NCM, and more specifically about the continuation of 60YAP's excellent Match Day Bet Competition. Because he's put so much effort into it, it would be disappointing if it ended now in some sort of PPG scenario like our first season in this league did. I'm willing to try and take it to the end of the season so we know who won rather than guess who won, but I don't have his computer skills. I'm confident I can create and maintain the easy to understand Excel format he used, but I don't know how to transfer it here.

The help I'm asking for is probably very simple, I just need someone to tell me how to get an Excel file in readable form on here, because a simple copy and paste doesn't work. If anyone can give me advice, please be aware it needs to be on a beginner level. I could probably do a bodge job, but I would like to stick with the original format if I can.
    If you’re on a windows pc select and copy what you want to publish, open whatever version of photo editor you have on your pc, probably ‘paint’ or ‘paint 3D’. and then paste the copied selection from excel into the blank canvas. Then you can crop, resize and save as a pic from your photo editor.

Alternatively with your excel open and displaying what you want to save click the ‘windows’ button and ‘print screen’ button at same time, this will save a snapshot in your documents folder, from there you can open it and crop it, save it and then post it on here. Hope that helps!

Beginners guide with pictures for you is here -> https://www.ablebits.com/office-addi...ert-excel-jpg/

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Beginners guide with pictures for you is here -> https://www.ablebits.com/office-addi...ert-excel-jpg/
    It does mention the ''snipping tool'' and that is a real easy peasy way to copy an on screen image if that's what you want to do. It was included with Win 7 onward if I remember correctly. Just type ''snip'' into search and it should pop up.

Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a go when I have time.

Expect some seriously weird images!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a go when I have time.

Expect some seriously weird images!
    As long as its not the one with the nurse and the bananas I think we will all be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    It does mention the ''snipping tool'' and that is a real easy peasy way to copy an on screen image if that's what you want to do. It was included with Win 7 onward if I remember correctly. Just type ''snip'' into search and it should pop up.
    Yes the snipping tool is a good shout.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    As long as its not the one with the nurse and the bananas I think we will all be ok.
    That's the last time I send you a private message.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    If you are using windows 10 just hold shift windows key and press S key and it will open up snipping tool.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Yes the snipping tool is a good shout.
    There's a bloke named Putin would benefit from its application.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast