+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Are the club missing a trick

Are the club missing a trick

I keep seeing posts on my Facebook from a fellow dark blue, Eddie Lafferty, he’s now commercial guy for North End, you can see the work this man does and his passion for the job, bringing in thousands for a junior team, what an asset this man would be to our commercial team

I think the commercial department is trying really hard in a very difficult market. Negativity abounds around our club and it is amazing how our troubles now get double page coverage the local papers.
    We asked for better communications from our club. Just look what happens absolutely wall to wall bad news.
    Everything Nelms said that was good and had been achieved Ed during his tenure was blown out of the water by his other comments about the state of Dens and the new stadium was our ONLY hope.
    I think we need to fo us on the team and at least trying to get wins against Aberdeen and DUFC. Commercial department should be going back over lapsed ST holders and trying to sell them a great deal for the remaining home games. Who cares if its a two for one or whatever. Get the ground filled.
    SE should be getting special attention for the youngsters, don't know what they are called now but commercial department should be trying to contact them and helping them to sell tickets.
    Do supporters clubs get a deal on their tickets? Don't know, but DSA seem to be flavour of the month with our club. Is there something that our imperial department could do to help them recruit new members?
    Hospital should be sold out for all remaining home games. If not why not!

Hospo not hospital. Predictive text!!!!

Eddie would be a proper asset to the club , and great guy to go with it , Dundee through and through

Tried to get full hospitality weeks ago for Saturday's Aberdeen match, was fully booked months ago, which is a good sign !

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I think the commercial department is trying really hard in a very difficult market. Negativity abounds around our club and it is amazing how our troubles now get double page coverage the local papers.
    We asked for better communications from our club. Just look what happens absolutely wall to wall bad news.
    Everything Nelms said that was good and had been achieved Ed during his tenure was blown out of the water by his other comments about the state of Dens and the new stadium was our ONLY hope.
    I think we need to fo us on the team and at least trying to get wins against Aberdeen and DUFC. Commercial department should be going back over lapsed ST holders and trying to sell them a great deal for the remaining home games. Who cares if its a two for one or whatever. Get the ground filled.
    SE should be getting special attention for the youngsters, don't know what they are called now but commercial department should be trying to contact them and helping them to sell tickets.
    Do supporters clubs get a deal on their tickets? Don't know, but DSA seem to be flavour of the month with our club. Is there something that our imperial department could do to help them recruit new members?
    Hospital should be sold out for all remaining home games. If not why not!
    I’m not saying they are t doing a good job in a hard time, just think the boy would be a great asset

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    I’m not saying they are t doing a good job in a hard time, just think the boy would be a great asset
    Sorry JDFC. Thought there was a criticism where none was intended, my bad!

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    I keep seeing posts on my Facebook from a fellow dark blue, Eddie Lafferty, he’s now commercial guy for North End, you can see the work this man does and his passion for the job, bringing in thousands for a junior team, what an asset this man would be to our commercial team
    Think you are spot on j.Been to a cpl of hospo days at north end and its a braw day out. There are numerous lounges at dens vacant bar home games that he would have filled with themed nights,music etc.All would be extra income for the club.

Maybe he's happy where he is and knows he wouldn't be if he started working for DFC?

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Maybe he's happy where he is and knows he wouldn't be if he started working for DFC?
    You can only ask the question, he’s raised thousands in the past for the club, it’s in his blood

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)