+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fleetwood

Fleetwood

I'm on my way to Tenby for a week so won't be there tomorrow.
    No let up on the injury front, not that there are many game changers on the injured list. Kashket may be on the bench but he definitely won't be a game changer.
    Don't know how far away Mandron and Agyei are or whether Porter may get a run out. Whatever, we need to go all out to score, no more triangles outside our own box. The benefit of scoring AND doing so first would be immeasurable so I would want 4-4-2/4-3-3 if only to get us further up the pitch. Tyreece Onyeka showed he could beat a man and get a shot off the other night so I'd give him a go. Salisbury suffered the other night from chasing lost causes so could do with receiving the ball to feet further forward.
    As I have no idea who is available, I find it difficult to predict but will go for 1-1.

I'll stick my neck out and say we will win 2-1.

Unfortunately wrong by a long way. Where would we be without Lowery, he certainly hasn't downed tools? Richards some great saves, but question marks again on some of the goals conceded. Kashket and Ainley wingbacks, I don't think so. No dominant centre half in the team. Finney, I had to keep checking that he was still on the pitch. Sambou I just don't know what he is about. Long was trying to make things happen and was second in line for man of the match and a cracking goal. Fear greatly for a double relegation. Couldn't see all of the things that Artell has been working on the last couple of weeks, that he talked about.

More rubbish spouted by Artell after the game. All the fault of the players of course. Not that he reacted in any way to the Fleetwood substitutions or change(s) in their formation. Kashket replaced by Sambou as he was not fully fit. As for Sambou, he looks National League standard.

Annoyed enough, but I then start to read issue 9 of "Inside Crewe" while having my breakfast and what do I find on the Chairman's page - the club is hiring a Head of Recruitment and a Recruitment Analyst!! I read a good interview a couple of days ago with Ralf Rangnick and he was bemoaning the sheer size of Man Utd's first team squad. For Crewe, the issue is the sheer number of the support staff and the fact that there is always money available to sign more. As for the first team, where are all of the loan signings and the first team signings from January? Are they all injured? What exactly is Gomes doing for his salary apart from looking bang average in Cheshire Senior Cup games?
    All we get is more guff from Artell and the Chairman that lessons will be learned, and that Artell is the right man (in his opinion) to rebuild and lead the club to glory on the football pitch - better make sure that we will not playing Altrincham in the National League!

Quote Originally Posted by Furberstreet View Post
    More rubbish spouted by Artell after the game. All the fault of the players of course. Not that he reacted in any way to the Fleetwood substitutions or change(s) in their formation. Kashket replaced by Sambou as he was not fully fit. As for Sambou, he looks National League standard.

Annoyed enough, but I then start to read issue 9 of "Inside Crewe" while having my breakfast and what do I find on the Chairman's page - the club is hiring a Head of Recruitment and a Recruitment Analyst!! I read a good interview a couple of days ago with Ralf Rangnick and he was bemoaning the sheer size of Man Utd's first team squad. For Crewe, the issue is the sheer number of the support staff and the fact that there is always money available to sign more. As for the first team, where are all of the loan signings and the first team signings from January? Are they all injured? What exactly is Gomes doing for his salary apart from looking bang average in Cheshire Senior Cup games?
    All we get is more guff from Artell and the Chairman that lessons will be learned, and that Artell is the right man (in his opinion) to rebuild and lead the club to glory on the football pitch - better make sure that we will not playing Altrincham in the National League!
    Be careful Furber that you don’t upset the fully paid up members of the Dave Artell fan club lest you be sent to Coventry 😂😂😂😂 I have been raising the warnings signs for many months that this entire club is in complete meltdown and in free fall, the boards clearly spineless attitude to dealing with the problem is staggering every day Artell opens his gob s##te comes out with of it. The entire first team squad is very poor and I have said 90% of the players are not good enough and I am castigated for saying that but I say it because it is true and everytime they turn up for a match they prove me right. What the first team management are doing with regards to training is well quite frankly absolutely nothing, the recruitment has been absolutely dreadful the quality of the academy players is non league standard at best. A double relegation is an absolute cert if these people are allowed to continue in charge get them out at the end of the season.

No-one can dispute that this season has been disastrous. Yes, plans at the start of the season were disrupted by losing players of the calibre of Ng, Wintle, Kirk and Pickering. However, there is no point Artell and company squealing about the loss of such players as the sale is fully in line with the Club's business model of the Academy producing players for sale to underwrite the first team and other costs. That said, we never got to see how much these players were actually sold for and what percentage of the transfer fees were given to Artell. I will also say that I thought the players brought in during the summer transfer window looked decent on paper. Plans were not helped by two of the signings retiring not long after they arrived in sunny Crewe. However, what went wrong went the others?

It is interesting that the Club's official website (or I missed it) reported Lunt's defenestration. What did he do wrong? I thought he said mainly sensible things, but he may well have fallen out with Artell over team selection and playing players out of position. Who in their right mind would give Kashket his first start since November returning from injury as a wing back? What exactly will Alex Morris add as Assistant Manager? Nothing if the continuing string of dispiriting losses continue - can anyone see us winning another game this season? My concern remains that we will have a squad at the end of the season with low morale and utterly chastened by defeat after defeat. Not ideal to commence a season back in League Two where, contrary to the opinion of some posters on here, there will be a lot of tough matches.

Apologies, I should have said that "...the Club's official website...HAD NOT...reported Lunt's defenestration...". Did you see the match report on the 0-5 defeat at Stockport? I did not think so, but we did get the report of the 2-1 win at home to Hyde United.

Maybe the Board should start looking carefully at the Club's financial model. Somehow I doubt it!

Pretty sure I saw Kenny and Stockport reported on the OS

That was very disappointing on Saturday, (wish I'd been in Pembrokeshire like Gazan!) and I agree that it doesn't bode well for next season. We didn't take our chances, whereas Fleetwood to their credit did. I will also question some of Big Dave's decisions, shouldn't we have had a taller centre half on from the start? I don't see why Olly Finney continues to justify a starting place in the 1st eleven. I agree Kashket looked really uncomfortable and shouldn't have started. I really couldn't understand Luke Murphys' substitution. We did go to pieces after the 3rd Fleetwood goal, but that's understandable it must have been hard for the players to take.
    There obviously has been a lot going on behind the scenes...recent staff changes, our inability to retain loan players. We have been a little unlucky with injuries, & we are missing Mandron, Agyei and Uwakwe. I agree it's hard to see us winning more than 2 or 3 games for the rest of this season.
    Not sure what the solution is, but now agree if it persists more than a month or two into next season, then they'll have to be some sort of change at the club.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandWhiteSpartan View Post
    That was very disappointing on Saturday, (wish I'd been in Pembrokeshire like Gazan!) and I agree that it doesn't bode well for next season. We didn't take our chances, whereas Fleetwood to their credit did. I will also question some of Big Dave's decisions, shouldn't we have had a taller centre half on from the start? I don't see why Olly Finney continues to justify a starting place in the 1st eleven. I agree Kashket looked really uncomfortable and shouldn't have started. I really couldn't understand Luke Murphys' substitution. We did go to pieces after the 3rd Fleetwood goal, but that's understandable it must have been hard for the players to take.
    There obviously has been a lot going on behind the scenes...recent staff changes, our inability to retain loan players. We have been a little unlucky with injuries, & we are missing Mandron, Agyei and Uwakwe. I agree it's hard to see us winning more than 2 or 3 games for the rest of this season.
    Not sure what the solution is, but now agree if it persists more than a month or two into next season, then they'll have to be some sort of change at the club.
    I think as I have been saying for along while Artell has to go and I would sack him immediately at the end of the final game of the season I don’t want to see him in charge next season for 1 single game. I like your optimism but I can’t see us winning anymore games this season the players are shot. The release list needs to be somewhere near 15-20 players and recruitment needs to mirror this all pie in the sky I know as we won’t have the budget to book a taxi next season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast