+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fleetwood

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    I think as I have been saying for along while Artell has to go and I would sack him immediately at the end of the final game of the season I don’t want to see him in charge next season for 1 single game. I like your optimism but I can’t see us winning anymore games this season the players are shot. The release list needs to be somewhere near 15-20 players and recruitment needs to mirror this all pie in the sky I know as we won’t have the budget to book a taxi next season.
    Agree 100%. Even if we do miraculously win a game prior to the end of this season to forget, Artell has to go and a new manager (hopefully from outside of the club) is given a full pre-season to try and revive the squad's spirits and move forward. I certainly think that there needs to be a serious cull of this playing squad, Sadly, Lowery, who has put in a shift this season to his real credit, will not be staying. The issue is then how on earth do we afford decent replacements? Apart from free cereal packets from Mornflake, what inducements will we be able to offer? How will we sign a big commanding centre half and a goalkeeper who will actually come of his line and boss his area, apart from all of the other positions we will need to fill? Keep Long, Porter and Agyei upfront but I seriously doubt Mandron will want to stay.

I think Mandron's already failed to sign an offered new contract so yes I think he's going. Long, Agyei, Uwakwe & Sambou are under contract for next season - plus we know they've offered contracts to 9 U-18s of which 6 had already been signed a couple of weeks ago. Obviously Williams, O'Riordan, Salisbury & Tabiner will be some of those offered deals.

Quote Originally Posted by ShropshireAlex View Post
    I think Mandron's already failed to sign an offered new contract so yes I think he's going. Long, Agyei, Uwakwe & Sambou are under contract for next season - plus we know they've offered contracts to 9 U-18s of which 6 had already been signed a couple of weeks ago. Obviously Williams, O'Riordan, Salisbury & Tabiner will be some of those offered deals.
    Uwakwe contract strangely looks to be up in June this year according to the Crewe Alex contract details, but looking at who will be left their is some absolute rubbish signed up to be with us next season.

There may have been a mistake in the report when he signed, but I'm certain Uwakwe, Agyei and Sambou were all announced as 18 month signings, to the end of next season. Or, the contract details have it wrong of course.

OS 28 January: "Crewe Alexandra have completed the signing of Chelsea youngster, Tariq Uwakwe, on an 18-month deal."

I forget to mention Sambou as a forward option (even if he does not look entirely convincing). Have we signed him or is he on loan?

Signed from Fortuna Sittard.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12