+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Blackpool(home)predictions

Blackpool(home)predictions

Hurt should kick in with this game and I fully expect a reaction.
    Ultimately our chance has gone but if these professionals have anything about them then I expect us to roll our sleeves up.
    2-1 win

Bastids 3 Lashers 1

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Bastids 3 Lashers 1
    Too little too late is the cry! Doesn't matter either way, they have blown their chances now.
    I don't think they will get in the play-offs now anyway despite the fact we will pick up a few wins at home. They have just dropped too many points since Dec. And are in appalling form.
    Blackpool are awful, so we stand a chance as their season has petered out.
    An uninspiring 2-1 win.

Had they gone to Coventry and won they would have only needed to win the 3 remaining winnable home games, and got a point from one of the last 3 away games. they could have afforded to allow for a few dropped points and still been okay. Now, Forest have 3 games in hand and a few sides are just in better form right now.
    They have made extremely hard work of something they had to royally fk up to fail at, after being in such a commanding position.
    In a game we had to win on sat we started the game with Gallagher who rarely scores, and Giles who hasn't scored and Buckley who has scored just once all season. And benched our best player in Dack, benched the only 2 others who have actually scored goals this season for us in Brereton and Dolan. I can understand Brero not being brought back immediately to start, but you DO start with Dack & Dolan, and try win the game.
    I remain convinced they have absolutely no interest in going up, the club, the manager, the coaching staff and the players. And have done all they can to throw the towel in since Xmas when they where in a wonderful position.
    Then they signed Ryan Hedges and it became obvious what our intent was.
    Out of interest (not that I want him anywhere near our side as he simply isn't up to Champ football and never will be) where is Hedges? And why did we go and spend £400k to bring him here early in Jan? Shocking isn't the word .....

Sadly Rovers have more of a chance of reaching the play offs than the Clarets have of staying up Champs ..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Sadly Rovers have more of a chance of reaching the play offs than the Clarets have of staying up Champs ..
    I would look at it more as you have stayed up in that league alot longer than anyone expected. I thought you would last one season, so you showed me.
    The Clarets have punched well above their weight for years, this is just a case of time catching up. Dyche's stock has dropped, and you have lost players who did well for you. I knew once Woods left to Newcastle, that was that. While he didn't improve them, he weakened you.
    I would still take it as a massive positive. You annoyed richer, bigger clubs for a long time, and made them go and spend more money. But money is all that talks up in that league, and is not a level playing field. But for a while, you embarrassed some far bigger, richer clubs. That should not be forgotten.
    You are simply returning to your actual level. And are in a better position than the likes of us and over half our division, so I wouldn't be too despondent.

Keep this in mind too, look at Fulham and Norwich every season. They don't even break sweat down here. Its easy. A walk in the park if you are half decent. You are so far better than us is not even funny. No matter how bad some of your fans think you are, and how good some of ours think we are. We are miles behind you.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)