+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: V Dingles

V Dingles

A couple of changes, does he rest Ollie even though he scores for England? Does he bring back chambers or go back 3 with Mings on the left. Sanson for Luiz? Or does he keep the Same. Tough game this, take a point now!

Martinez
    Cash Chambers Mings Young
    McGinn Luiz Ramsey
    Courtinho
    Watkins Ings

Still like to see Bailey rather than Ings..otherwise, good call.

Big call dropping Konsa, Bong. He should have stuck with Chambers v Arsenal, and let Konsa earn his place back. But hey ho.

I fear that Bailey is just an unsolvable riddle, Dave. Does he start? Does he finish? Does he care? Something just ain't right with him. 15 mins of an adrenaline rush v Everton, followed by injury, upon injury, and half-hearted cameos.

Em1

Cash Konsa Mings Digne

Chambers

Coutinho
    McGinn
    Ramsey

Watkins
    Ings

You need to earn the right to ware the shirt. I think Chambers has done pretty well filling in and deserves to keep his place. I do rate Konza though. I would happily play konza anywhere across the back line. Putting chambers as the holding midfielder is Interesting. Not sure how good he is there? Made me think though, could Konza be a good holding midfielder?

Chambers played in the championship with Fulham as a (moderately effective) defensive midfielder

The flaw in Ezri Konsa’s game is an inability to progress the ball, 99% of the time he opts for the easy option I.e sideways to Mings

As Villa chose not to address the issue of D M in the January window Marvelous Nakamba is our only viable option, that said how near to the player voted November Player of the Month will he be on his long awaited return ?

Yes lets just spend 50m on a world class defensive midfielder instead

Instead of WHAT ??

Nakamba is expected to be available for the Tottenham game, Wolves don't score or concede many so we can't really afford to go behind.

We are more effective with the diamond and a front two.

Emi
    Cash/Chambers/Mings/Young
    Luiz
    Ramsey/SJM
    Countinho
    Ings & Watkins

Chambers gets the nod for scoring vs Leeds & assisting vs Saints

COYL!

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    You need to earn the right to ware the shirt. I think Chambers has done pretty well filling in and deserves to keep his place. I do rate Konza though. I would happily play konza anywhere across the back line. Putting chambers as the holding midfielder is Interesting. Not sure how good he is there? Made me think though, could Konza be a good holding midfielder?
    Re Konsa/Chambers situation. I too think that the manager was wrong to parachute Konsa straight back into the starting X1, v arsenal, after Chambers’s positive performances and goal involvements.

If the manager were to swap back for the wolves game it may indicate indecision.

There is of course the option that SG signed Chambers as a reliable backup for when Konsa is unavailable. A Simple matter of Konsa/Mings being SG’s preferred pairing. Managers have those kinds of quirky notions.

Just look at Gareth Mountgate.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)