+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diabolical recruitment

Diabolical recruitment

The recruitment team has spent £350m+ since promotion, yep, that's since promotion. Our former manager had his fingerprints on £325m+ of that.

If we can ignore some of the dross that remains, they’ve lost around £70m+ on El Ghazi, Jota, Wesley, Engles, Trez, Heaton Samatta. Plus a couple of expensive loans from Putin’s mate in West London. What are NeverDrinkswater and Barkley up to these days? Not a good reflection on your judgment Deano and Co.

Our best outfield player ain’t even ours and is only here for the new manager.

If these were Mafia times, then the recruitment team would’ve been lined up against the wall

…praying in the hope that Ollie Watkins was doing the shooting.

Sack 'em all!!!

On the brighter side

Cash 14 mill worth 35 now
    Digne 22 mill worth 22 mill
    Chambers 0M worth 5 mill
    Watkins 26m worth 40 mill
    Em1 15mill worth 50 mill
    Mings 24 mill worth 40 mill
    Konsa 12 mill worth 25 mill
    Targett 14 mill worth 20 mill
    Luiz 15 mill.worth 35 mill

Players we had already had
    Ramsey 0M worth 35mill
    SJM 4mill worth 60mill
    Davis 0M worth 8mill

Players we will lose on
    Guilbert 10 mill worth 5mill
    Trez 7mill worth 2mill
    Ings 25 mill worth 10mill
    Buendia 33mill worth 15 mill
    Traore 16 mill worth 5 mill
    Bailey 28mill worth 15 mill
    Sanson 15 worth 5 mill

If we sold them all Players profit 240mill losses 60 mill. I would say not a bad bit of Business and that does not include 100 mill for Jack other wise 340mill profit losses of 60 mill balance of 280 mill......No?

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledvillan View Post
    The recruitment team has spent £350m+ since promotion, yep, that's since promotion. Our former manager had his fingerprints on £325m+ of that.

If we can ignore some of the dross that remains, they’ve lost around £70m+ on El Ghazi, Jota, Wesley, Engles, Trez, Heaton Samatta. Plus a couple of expensive loans from Putin’s mate in West London. What are NeverDrinkswater and Barkley up to these days? Not a good reflection on your judgment Deano and Co.

Our best outfield player ain’t even ours and is only here for the new manager.

If these were Mafia times, then the recruitment team would’ve been lined up against the wall

…praying in the hope that Ollie Watkins was doing the shooting.

Sack 'em all!!!
    Football manager’s are like doctors they simply bury their mistakes !

Our recruitment team never seem to learn

If they were employed at Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant they'd try switching the reactor back on to see what would occur

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    On the brighter side

Cash 14 mill worth 35 now
    Digne 22 mill worth 22 mill
    Chambers 0M worth 5 mill
    Watkins 26m worth 40 mill
    Em1 15mill worth 50 mill
    Mings 24 mill worth 40 mill
    Konsa 12 mill worth 25 mill
    Targett 14 mill worth 20 mill
    Luiz 15 mill.worth 35 mill

Players we had already had
    Ramsey 0M worth 35mill
    SJM 4mill worth 60mill
    Davis 0M worth 8mill

Players we will lose on
    Guilbert 10 mill worth 5mill
    Trez 7mill worth 2mill
    Ings 25 mill worth 10mill
    Buendia 33mill worth 15 mill
    Traore 16 mill worth 5 mill
    Bailey 28mill worth 15 mill
    Sanson 15 worth 5 mill

If we sold them all Players profit 240mill losses 60 mill. I would say not a bad bit of Business and that does not include 100 mill for Jack other wise 340mill profit losses of 60 mill balance of 280 mill......No?
    The players that we already had, including Jack, has nowt to do with recruitment.

Those figures are your valuations tho I make your losses on players we will lose on, 77m, but I wholeheartedly applaud your creative accounting. Not even Sandcastle would pay 20m for Targett, or 35m for Luiz.

11m loan fee and 95,000 a week for Barkley? Wow, great recruitment.

And El Ghazi, Jota, Wesley, Engles, Trez, Heaton, and Samatta?

Easy to knock, I'm just and its for once, trying to put a positive spin on things but even if you take away the previous signings and home grown talent were still in equity by some margin. Ps The fee for Targett has already been agreed, 18 mill plus add ons, that's short change for Newcastle these days.

On the official site, Cash pens new 5 year deal.....Happy with that 👌

Cash signs a new 5-year contract, I feel for Kessler, another loan I suppose.

P1ss poor return for £350m.

No way on this earth is McGinn a £60M player in my humble opinion, yes he is being played out of position but to justify that valuation he'd have to perform consistently well as an 8 or 10.

Same with Luiz at £35M, has to prove he can perform consistently in his favoured position higher up the pitch.

Cash for me is our most improved acquisition and I'm delighted he's signed a 5 year deal which should secure a good fee for him if one of the big boys comes calling.

I think you're being harsh on Buendia, he took some time to settle and he won't displace Coutinho so it's up to SG to find the right formation to suit these players - we can't sell the heart of the team in one fell swoop & start again. A solid DM would then see SJM/Luiz/Sanson & Ramsey competing for 2 places - on their day they are all good players & would have to be at it to keep their place.

We want Philips and apparently will to pay 60mill so why not MaGinn? Just watch utd come sniffing in the summer. I'm not saying he's worth 60 mill but it's market value!!maybe as you stated, he's playing out of position, play him to his strengths like Scotland do and he might be worth more.
    Is Grealish really a 100 mill player, no but that's what he cost!
    Sanson will be gone and probably end up at PSG as player of the Year, as for Buendia, he will stay if we do not sign Cortinho otherwise he's gone. City were thinking of meeting Luizs contract release clause at 30 mill....why not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)