+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Milton Keynes

Milton Keynes

Oh I do like to be beside seaside🎶🎶🎵.
    Recharging batteries and occupying my mind instead of worrying about the Alex.
    I can't see anything positive coming out of tonight's game. But, at least I won't be celebrating a loss like the disaster junkies no doubt will!
    Difficult to predict: do we attempt to shut up shot and virtually deny ourselves any shots on goal or try to make a game of it and risk conceding a hatfull of goals?
    I'm going for a 3-0 loss.

Same here, definitely nothing positive to come out of tonight's fixture. I am going for a 4-1 loss but will take no pleasure from it if I am correct. I think that they have the incentive to possibly go to the top of the league. Absolutely no point in shutting up shop unless DA thinks that it will put him in a better place with a narrower loss.
    Enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Oh I do like to be beside seaside🎶🎶🎵.
    Recharging batteries and occupying my mind instead of worrying about the Alex.
    I can't see anything positive coming out of tonight's game. But, at least I won't be celebrating a loss like the disaster junkies no doubt will!
    Difficult to predict: do we attempt to shut up shot and virtually deny ourselves any shots on goal or try to make a game of it and risk conceding a hatfull of goals?
    I'm going for a 3-0 loss.

It’s not a disaster it’s a catastrophe.

My wife asked me for a score prediction and I said that I could not decide between 0-4 or 0-5. 1-2 was a better final result but it does not matter whether you lose 1-2 or 1-10, zero points is the outcome. One further step nearer to mathematical relegation certainty.

Let me just state for the record that I hate it that Crewe are in this position. It hurts badly as the club is in my blood and I could never stop supporting them. I have just had to face up to the disaster this season has been and call it as I see it.

I watched the game on Ifollow not very entertaining I must say. Although Dave Artell is Crewe through and through there comes a point where there must be accountability and the record of truly awful performances and results speaks for itself.
    The Board seems very silent on football matters maybe they are waiting for the season to end before taking any action if any regarding the Managers position. I think the Board should also look at themselves for they have let this disaster of a season happen on their watch not a good start for the new Board.
    Next season in league 2 is going to be another struggle there really needs to be a clear out of some of these players and no doubt Tommy Land Mika M will be moving on free transfers as contracts have expired.
    We need like any football team a good spine starting with a solid keeper who will shout at the young lads with potential (and that is what it is potential at this moment in time) an experienced old head defender like we had in Nicky Hunt similarly a Paul Green midfielder and a replacement for Mika. If we can achieve this we may be OK if not I fear for another season of struggle and we know where the next trapdoor leads to.
    Is Dave Artell the man to rebuild? to oversee another transfer window? Will the Head of Recruitment be frustrated in his efforts to get decent players in who will want decent money we will see.
    For me Dave Artell has made some poor decisions this season, tactically persisting with wingbacks and playing strikers in those positions who looked like fish out of water if he had stuck with 433 instead of constantly tinkering with formations we may have been better off.
    I would move Dave back into the Academy structure as that is what he did before or thank him for his time and efforts and get a new man in sooner rather than later so he can bring fresh ideas, a new voice and assess what he has got at present and then make decisions prior to the summer and hopefully recruit a better quality of player in good time in preparation for life back in league.
    Who could this be is the ultimate question I am sure there would be many applicants who would be up for the challenge but we seem stuck on promoting from within. If you keep doing the same thing you get the same results.
    Nigel Adkins I had said before did wonders at S****horpe I like him not sure he would come here though, or an old Crewe connection John Pemberton. Who would you guys want to see

Rd444. I don't think the board will panic just yet, so I don't see Artell going just yet. I do, however, agree that Artell has made mistakes, in particular persisting with wingback when there aren't many, if any, suited to play in that position. I believe he should persist with 4 at the back next season leading to either 442 or 433. His mistake was persisting with this after all the injuries to those positions.
    I also agree we need a complete new spine (cue 'catastrophe' junkie!) of older but grounded heads.
    With a fully fit side c/w some older heads, I think we'll do okay, next season. That might not mean champions or even promotion, at least, not next season.

I would be happy to see Nigel Adkins appointed. I would prefer someone from outside of the club, though John Pemberton has spent his managerial/coaching career away from the club and so will have a number of different ideas. It all depends on what funding will be available to the manager for the imperative rebuilding of the team. I fully agree with Gazan that a new and experienced spine is needed and the promising younger players here will learn from such players. Four at the back please. I do not support Artell being subsumed again into the Academy set up. Who will he replace? Do we create a new post for him - always money for more support staff!! I know he has given everything for the club and I thank him for that. Is he the right manager for next season? I honestly do not think so, but I expect the Board to be cautious and give him a number of games next season to stabilize the club in League Two. Shades of Steve Davis after our last relegation. He went through all manner of formations and tactics to stop the slide towards the non-league relegation trapdoor but Artell (to his credit) stopped the rot then. Can he keep us away again as I feel certain he will be manager come August.

Him having had 4+ years of positive achievement, I would not consider him stackable...yet. He has to show signs that this season was unlucky and that progress is being made in the first 3 months of next season. If we're in a scary position by then, it will be necessary for changes to be made. However, the board has to make that situation clear before the end of this season and start tentatively tapping people up early next season.