+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pride Park.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    "Not Mel Morris Stadium"

"Anyone But Mel Park"

"Slync Stadium"

"Ovine Worriers Park"

"Sheep Shag Homies"

"Derby Stadium, home of the Rams"
    I suppose following on from your first we could go all out and call it the ‘*uck off Morris Stadium’...or there again, following your latter example we could go all retro and call it ‘The Ramarena’...I always preferred that to ‘Pride Park’ and it lends itself to additional advertising.

Slync Arena

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Lol...first car I ever actually owned...the ‘mock Tudor half timbered’ version. Ex-wife drove it into a gate post...never the same afterwards...and the car wasn’t so good either.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Slync Arena
    Isn’t it technically ‘Slync.io’? No idea what it means, but the ‘Slync.io RamArena’ has a certain ring to it.

.io is the cc Top Level Domain extension for British Indian Ocean territories! Its a popular extension for tech companies, although god alone knows why

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    .io is the cc Top Level Domain extension for British Indian Ocean territories! Its a popular extension for tech companies, although god alone knows why
    Honestly GP...no reflection on your explanation, but this is one one those cases where I understand all the words but still haven’t a clue what your two sentences mean. I read it was an alternative to ‘.com’, but somehow not as good...didn’t understand that either.

All countries have a basic TLD extension, eg .co.uk is the original UK one, .com is the original US one. .io is the TLD assigned to the British Indian Ocean Territories. They tend to be used as extensions of convenience - eg I used to own a personalised email address of @surname.cx (christmas islands) since all the regular ones including my surname were gone.

Tuvalu is particularly popular as their extension is .tv, and priced accordingly

Not sure if this helps, but hey

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    All countries have a basic TLD extension, eg .co.uk is the original UK one, .com is the original US one. .io is the TLD assigned to the British Indian Ocean Territories. They tend to be used as extensions of convenience - eg I used to own a personalised email address of @surname.cx (christmas islands) since all the regular ones including my surname were gone.

Tuvalu is particularly popular as their extension is .tv, and priced accordingly

Not sure if this helps, but hey
    You tried...is it a silly question to ask why he doesn’t just have Slync.com?

Someone else has it probably

Somebody probably bought it trying to make a fast buck but our Chris was too clever and bought .io instead

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)