+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pride Park.

Pride Park.

This may be premature...on the basis that we can’t even be sure we’ll be playing there next season...but assuming we start next season with a new owner and quite possibly a stadium leased from the council...would you keep the name?
    Personally I remain forever grateful to Lionel Pickering for his foresight and ambition, but I have never liked the name ‘Pride Park’.
    We all know what pride is said to come before, and that has certainly been the case over the last twenty five years - can it really be that long - with each step forward followed by an almost immediate, and more spectacular ‘fall’ at PP.
    For me we would always have been better to, just for once, follow the example of Millwall and call the stadium the ‘New Baseball Ground’.
    Thoughts...suggestions...or after a quarter of a century is it too late to change? Either way, I bet there’ll never be a ‘Morris Stand’!

Ipro Kirchner Stadium?

I think the LBGTQ+ community might be upset by a change in name - although I agree I've never liked it.

But since the future club now seems unlikely to own the ground, it's probably up to Morris or the council to rename it, or not. As current owner, might MM name it the Mel Morris Stadium and, if so, would the club decline to lease / use it. Would you refuse to attend home matches?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I think the LBGTQ+ community might be upset by a change in name - although I agree I've never liked it.

But since the future club now seems unlikely to own the ground, it's probably up to Morris or the council to rename it, or not. As current owner, might MM name it the Mel Morris Stadium and, if so, would the club decline to lease / use it. Would you refuse to attend home matches?
    I’d struggle to attend anywhere named after/in honour of Mel Morris but I take it you’re speaking tongue in cheek as that won’t happen.
    Ramshank is probably correct and it’ll probably incorporate the name of a local business/manufacturer somewhere so I guess ‘Pedigree Park’ or ‘Team Toyota Stadium’ can’t be ruled out...or maybe if Morris remains involved, ‘The Stadium of Dark’.

You've even sold your trusty Morris Minor shootingbrake in protest.

Lol...first car I ever actually owned...the ‘mock Tudor half timbered’ version. Ex-wife drove it into a gate post...never the same afterwards...and the car wasn’t so good either.

Morrises have plagued your life? Hope you don't get your carpets from Alvin otherwise you'll be going arse over head down the stairs

Morrises have plagued your life? Hope you don't get your carpets from Alvin otherwise you'll be going arse over head down the stairs
    Morris or Maurice, that is the question!

Not really...only Morris I ever owned, and I was fonder of it than the aforementioned ex-wife. Known a couple of decent Maurices and have a lot of time for William Morris...so just the one really. Used to like Mel Smith but beyond that can’t think of any (male) Mel’s or Melvyns I’ve known. Anyway, I think we can be certain it’s not going to be called ‘Morris Park’ or ‘Mel’s Place’.

New Baseball Ground, Derwentside Stadium, or, in the event of us needing a new name, council ownership and Bradley Johnson being able to look into the future...Derby City Stadium, for me...but it’ll probably stay as Pride (comes before a fall) Park with the dull as ditchwater ‘Steve Bloomer’s Watching’ churned out - complete with crap clapping - before each home match. Time for a rethink.

"Not Mel Morris Stadium"

"Anyone But Mel Park"

"Slync Stadium"

"Ovine Worriers Park"

"Sheep Shag Homies"

"Derby Stadium, home of the Rams"

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)