+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Anyone watching the golf?

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Isn't Danny Willet the club pro at Thrybergh or as it's become known as Rotherham golf club?
    He’s not the club pro but he is a member there !

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Isn't Danny Willet the club pro at Thrybergh or as it's become known as Rotherham golf club?
    I think he's a member not the club pro. If he was the club pro he'd be doing what other club pros do, selling clubs, balls and clothes and giving lessons. Not many of them are actually 'great' at playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I think he's a member not the club pro. If he was the club pro he'd be doing what other club pros do, selling clubs, balls and clothes and giving lessons. Not many of them are actually 'great' at playing the game.
    And I thought Slack Alice was the club pro.

Every day is a school day

Two players today, both with surnames beginning with W, both +2 on their rounds. Danny Willett, not seen him at all on US TV. Tiger Woods, is he the only player playing? I get the impression if Woods was to miss the cut then the US TV channels won't even bother showing the last two rounds.

Looks like Scum and my picks will be going head to head later today for the green jacket.

What's TV coverage like over there. As mentioned above the sycophantic coverage of Woods here is maddening. I know he's made a great recovery from the leg injury and at 46 is still a great player but we saw every shot of his terrible round yesterday and not a single one of Danny Willet's. Only compensation today is that his round will be almost over by the time live TV coverage starts.

Looks like Scum and my picks will be going head to head later today for the green jacket.

What's TV coverage like over there. As mentioned above the sycophantic coverage of Woods here is maddening. I know he's made a great recovery from the leg injury and at 46 is still a great player but we saw every shot of his terrible round yesterday and not a single one of Danny Willet's. Only compensation today is that his round will be almost over by the time live TV coverage starts.
    On Sky here so subscribers only

Highlights are kicked into the long grass of BBC2 after midnight.

Doesn't get a mention on the news

CAM, yes it was the Tiger woods show yesterday as though he was the only one on there at the time.

Where indeed is Danny Willet in all this footage? Very bias indeed, poor show by the producers.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    CAM, yes it was the Tiger woods show yesterday as though he was the only one on there at the time.

Where indeed is Danny Willet in all this footage? Very bias indeed, poor show by the producers.
    Just looked in on the pre-round coverage on the golf channel and guess what, they are showing old video/8mm film of Tiger Woods playing in an exhibition match on his 6th birthday FFS.

To make things worse, just looked at the 'give Neil a ring' thread an MT's at it mentioning not being able to see the woods for the trees

Just looked in on the pre-round coverage on the golf channel and guess what, they are showing old video/8mm film of Tiger Woods playing in an exhibition match on his 6th birthday FFS.

To make things worse, just looked at the 'give Neil a ring' thread an MT's at it mentioning not being able to see the woods for the trees
    So you’ve got lots of coverage of Woods on the tees

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    So you’ve got lots of coverage of Woods on the tees
    Didn't the commentatator just call him the "greatest of all time", did he forget that Jack Nicklaus exists?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast