+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Last chance saloon.tonight

Last chance saloon.tonight

Just our luck that Raith played Dunfermilne three days after the final. I feared they would be tired and going by all reports they were . Just our luck . In what is already an uphill battle , if Queens dont get 3 points tonight we can forget any play off spot. Time to show real defiance is tonight. No.iffs , no butts , just do it.

Plenty effort yet again but we’ve nothing up front. Division one here we come.

I cant fault the effort out there tonight as the players gave everything . Frustratingly , we have some very good players but the finishing is amongst the worst I have seen since I started going in 1978. A feat in itself I tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    I cant fault the effort out there tonight as the players gave everything . Frustratingly , we have some very good players but the finishing is amongst the worst I have seen since I started going in 1978. A feat in itself I tell you.
    League defeat number 18 and although we play some nice football at times without a half - decent striker we are always going to be pissing against the wind. Only a miracle can save us now surely.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    League defeat number 18 and although we play some nice football at times without a half - decent striker we are always going to be pissing against the wind. Only a miracle can save us now surely.
    Not sure how Cameron missed that first half chance and from some camera angles the ball looked over the line...

Cant fault the efforts and I wouldn't say we're even a bad team but ultimately the squad is just too unbalanced with inexperience.
    What can you improve on a team playing well but losing.

Like others have said no faults on effort and some nice football but you've got to score some of those chances. Innes simply has to be battering the chance of the line into the net.That was our last chance.
    On a negative I think the fact we never changed the manager before January and the January window itself bar O'Connor was such a disaster killed us then. That was simply the fault of the board. For having a small sleek three man board that can make decisions fast they sure don't put that into practise.
    Lastly this might sound crazy but I wouldn't jettison the whole squad Rae,East,McGrory and even Junior and Nditi have picked up great Championship experience there is no point in another team reaping the rewards. We however need much more steel and all these guys need to get so much fitter.
    League one you have been expecting us.

Quote Originally Posted by qosdreamer View Post
    Like others have said no faults on effort and some nice football but you've got to score some of those chances. Innes simply has to be battering the chance of the line into the net.That was our last chance.
    On a negative I think the fact we never changed the manager before January and the January window itself bar O'Connor was such a disaster killed us then. That was simply the fault of the board. For having a small sleek three man board that can make decisions fast they sure don't put that into practise.
    Lastly this might sound crazy but I wouldn't jettison the whole squad Rae,East,McGrory and even Junior and Nditi have picked up great Championship experience there is no point in another team reaping the rewards. We however need much more steel and all these guys need to get so much fitter.
    League one you have been expecting us.
    In giving AJ a two year contract then delaying his sacking until after the January window coupled with relegation with a bundle of money sitting in the bank can only be described as poor management. Yes there is nothing wrong with a three man board to make quick decisions but this one hasn't done that and it is certainly time for some fresh blood as the club will need to reset for life in Division 1 as the general demeanour of Queens needs improving to encourage fans back to Palmerston.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    In giving AJ a two year contract then delaying his sacking until after the January window coupled with relegation with a bundle of money sitting in the bank can only be described as poor management. Yes there is nothing wrong with a three man board to make quick decisions but this one hasn't done that and it is certainly time for some fresh blood as the club will need to reset for life in Division 1 as the general demeanour of Queens needs improving to encourage fans back to Palmerston.
    League One...

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    League One...
    Sadly Yes. Last night was Deja-vu, as per Cup Final. Better team on the night by far, played some quality football creating lots of chances. If we had won by 3/4 goals Thistle couldn't have complained. But as most have pointed out composure in front of goal was criminal and sadly I can't see that improving enough to overhaul Dunfermline. Hope I'm wrong.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)