+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peterborough(away)predictions

Peterborough(away)predictions

Another poor performance followed by Another mowbray sound bite.
    "We are still in this"
    "We go again"
    "We were unlucky today"
    1-1 draw

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Another poor performance followed by Another mowbray sound bite.
    "We are still in this"
    "We go again"
    "We were unlucky today"
    1-1 draw
    The writing is already on the wall as to how this season will end. Too little too late. Just as the door shuts for us getting in the play-offs they will get a few late results and talk about how plucky they were and unlucky to miss out, but they will 'go again next season'. They will never ever get a better chance to have a half decent season, and they still managed to find new ways of coming up short, which took some doing considering they where 2nd in Jan.
    They where never good enough to be there anyway, and if anything he will become a victim of his own success, by getting them into a great position. Which raised expectations, and ultimately will come up short, which will be seen as a negative.
    The fact remains, they have amassed more points than any other season in the Champ for a long time. From that aspect, you could consider this a decent season. You look for improvement, we have improved.
    But I will still go back to the fact this is a painfully weak standard this time around, and we simply won't get this chance again.
    Currently, things are getting worse. They where poorer vrs Blackpool than in the other games of late. Things tend to get worse before they get better. We are running out of games, would pretty much have to win 4 now to stand a chance of getting in the play-offs. Out of the remaining 5 games. You know they will drop points vrs PNE away. And probably through in another gutless display at Peterborough. If Bournemouth need anything when they play us in the penultimate game then we will get nothing from that either. They may get a win vrs Stoke or Birmingham but that will not be enough.

Yes that pretty much sums it up as a whole.
    I am struggling to see a win in any of the last few games.
    When in reality we should be looking at 3-4 wins out of what's left.
    My burning question is,do we give Tony mowbray a 1 year contract to oversee a big rebuild? or do we chance someone new coming in,with a big job of effectively needing at least 6 players(mainly defensively)to make us competitive?
    Currently I am edging towards a 1 year deal for Tony mowbray.
    As poor as he is at motivating us over the line,he seems to have a good eye at finding players to do a job.
    Might be him,might be more the scouting network.
    I just think we will have a big rebuild on our hands and it could be a huge job for someone new.
    This by all means doesn't mean he is the man and I certainly wouldn't entertain a contract longer than a year.

3-1 to Rovers

Yes that pretty much sums it up as a whole.
    I am struggling to see a win in any of the last few games.
    When in reality we should be looking at 3-4 wins out of what's left.
    My burning question is,do we give Tony mowbray a 1 year contract to oversee a big rebuild? or do we chance someone new coming in,with a big job of effectively needing at least 6 players(mainly defensively)to make us competitive?
    Currently I am edging towards a 1 year deal for Tony mowbray.
    As poor as he is at motivating us over the line,he seems to have a good eye at finding players to do a job.
    Might be him,might be more the scouting network.
    I just think we will have a big rebuild on our hands and it could be a huge job for someone new.
    This by all means doesn't mean he is the man and I certainly wouldn't entertain a contract longer than a year.
    We could very easily go down next season. If they lose certain players. I think your right. I would let him oversee this next season. With so many changes about to happen on the pitch. But maybe it all needs freshening up.

It's defensively that concerns me.
    Nyambe,lenihan and van hecke going.
    That will leave a huge hole to fill.
    I can see us cashing in on brereton to help fill those positions.
    Van hecke loves it here,so maybe a few million sent Brighton's way might be enough and with carter returning from a successful loan spell,we might get away with the lenihan departure.
    We will definitely need a right back though.
    Rankin Costello isn't really the answer.
    Brereton leaving for say 10 million wouldn't be a disaster,as this club needs a huge rebuild.

It's defensively that concerns me.
    Nyambe,lenihan and van hecke going.
    That will leave a huge hole to fill.
    I can see us cashing in on brereton to help fill those positions.
    Van hecke loves it here,so maybe a few million sent Brighton's way might be enough and with carter returning from a successful loan spell,we might get away with the lenihan departure.
    We will definitely need a right back though.
    Rankin Costello isn't really the answer.
    Brereton leaving for say 10 million wouldn't be a disaster,as this club needs a huge rebuild.
    I dont rate that Van Hecke. He is dodgy. He has been well and truly found out and had one breif good spell. When we win those games. Carter can come back and do what he did. He has cost us of late.
    Breretons fee is diminishing by the day. We wouldnt get £10m for him.
    The one we will miss is Lenihan.
    All I have ever seen is really negative comments about Nyambe. So I'll find it very amusing if everyone now starts saying they will miss him. They slated him every time we lost.

We won't miss nyambe himself but he will leave and that leaves a hole to be filled.

We won't miss nyambe himself but he will leave and that leaves a hole to be filled.
    It will be like Bell. It was decided by the club and fans he wasn't good enough. He looks like a decent footballer at Luton.
    We are left with 2 inferior players in Pickering & Edun.
    Same with when Nyambe leaves. We are left with JRC who isn't good enough.

I think personally Pickering will come good.
    As for bell he is benefitting from a coaching system that values him and gets the best out of him.
    The coaching here is stuck in the dark ages and boy does it show.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)