+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Campy......

Campy......

Surely it would cost less money if the yanks built a stand alone cremi with hotel and redevelop the south enclosure?

Project would surely be less problematic than building a new stadium etc etc

No worries about road access etc and the high cost that would be involved.

At the moment i think there have been 2 new cremi planning permission refusals by other groups,the Nelms plan would also see many arabs directing relatives that under no circumstances let DFC cremate me,of that im sure.

Why would the fans follow a plan that's not been delivered by previous timescales and promises?
    Why would the fans follow a plan that could potentially see us homeless?

At this moment in time thank goodness for the A shares

What I’d be interested to know Mucker is how long Plan A is to be a new stadium and the running down of Dens and after that what Plan B is.

It’s a strange one, surely the money is in houses, why not go for permission to build more, there is big profits to be made and it give the council a windfall each year with council tax

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    It’s a strange one, surely the money is in houses, why not go for permission to build more, there is big profits to be made and it give the council a windfall each year with council tax
    Vico Camperdown Limited the previous owners of the site submitted planning permission in 2005 for 600 new houses and a retail park to be built on the 29.7 acres former NCR Camperdown grounds also known as Campy Nou.
    Dundee City Council planning committee turned down their application for full planning permission as it was in breach of the local plan for the construction of new houses within the Dundee City Council area and it was to go to a Public Inquiry.
    However that never appeared to happen as there were no more articles about it in the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by scottg View Post
    What I’d be interested to know Mucker is how long Plan A is to be a new stadium and the running down of Dens and after that what Plan B is.
    Nelms stated that he does not have a Plan B which I find rather strange.

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    Surely it would cost less money if the yanks built a stand alone cremi with hotel and redevelop the south enclosure?

Project would surely be less problematic than building a new stadium etc etc

No worries about road access etc and the high cost that would be involved.

At the moment i think there have been 2 new cremi planning permission refusals by other groups,the Nelms plan would also see many arabs directing relatives that under no circumstances let DFC cremate me,of that im sure.

Why would the fans follow a plan that's not been delivered by previous timescales and promises?
    Why would the fans follow a plan that could potentially see us homeless?

At this moment in time thank goodness for the A shares
    At the Q & A Mark McGhee stated that they were having a problem sourcing suitable training facilities for the players.
    In my opinion there is a simple solution to this problem.
    Tim Keyes and John Nelms should forget about their new stadium development at Campy Nou and build a new ‘state of the art’ training centre similar to Rangers FC’s Murray Park.
    The new training centre at Campy Nou could be called Keyes Park. The training pitches could let out to other football and hockey teams when not required by Dundee FC which St Johnstone do with their artificial pitches at McDiarmid Park.
    Meanwhile Keyes and Nelms should be spending their time and resources getting Dens Park up to scratch building a new stand to replace the South Enclosure and a new Main Stand.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)