+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Summer Holiday 2022

Latvia and Estonia in the motorhome mid August for a month. Maritime festival in Tallinn and the rest of the time checking out all the old Soviet sites, missile silos and old submarine bases. As dull as it sounds I am trying out their peat bog walks as well.

I've been told the mozzies should be gone by then.

Arran for the millionth time. Doubt the midges will have the same decency to f*ck off like their Estonian cousins

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Latvia and Estonia in the motorhome mid August for a month. Maritime festival in Tallinn and the rest of the time checking out all the old Soviet sites, missile silos and old submarine bases. As dull as it sounds I am trying out their peat bog walks as well.

I've been told the mozzies should be gone by then.
    Hope you make it to Tallinn. Stunning place and stunning women.

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    2 ferries are already booked, well 4 if you count return journey so should get there as planned. Obviously on the Russian border so as long as Mr. Putin behaves himself I should be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    Just back from a week in Romania which was good. Thinking of going to Tallin or Riga anyone been to both?

Quote Originally Posted by bigj View Post
    Just back from a week in Romania which was good. Thinking of going to Tallin or Riga anyone been to both?
    Or even Vilnius

Been to both and recommend them. Both have great Old Towns but Tallinn has a much more modern area to it. I think it has quite a big tech industry which probably explains the modern feel.

A lot of the film Tennet was filmed in Tallinn and you can see a lot of the locations from the film there. The opening scene where they storm the opera house was filmed in the old soviet era opera house place.

Great food and drink at Tallinn maritime festival and Riga also has a military festival which seems to be a big occasion.

Riga has the Corner House which is an ex KGB killing house (now museum) if you want cheering up and Tallin has the hotel where the Russians had the top floor to themselves to store all their eavesdropping equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Been to both and recommend them. Both have great Old Towns but Tallinn has a much more modern area to it. I think it has quite a big tech industry which probably explains the modern feel.

A lot of the film Tennet was filmed in Tallinn and you can see a lot of the locations from the film there. The opening scene where they storm the opera house was filmed in the old soviet era opera house place.

Great food and drink at Tallinn maritime festival and Riga also has a military festival which seems to be a big occasion.

Riga has the Corner House which is an ex KGB killing house (now museum) if you want cheering up and Tallin has the hotel where the Russians had the top floor to themselves to store all their eavesdropping equipment.
    Thanks both very cheap to get to from down south

Thanks both very cheap to get to from down south
    Anybody been to Moldova. Just booked flights no idea why . Alcohol and the internet should be banned

Went to Chisinau 20 years ago for Scotland game. Had a cracking time there . You can't go wrong with Tallin, Riga or Vilnius though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12