+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ardley an improvement

Ardley an improvement

I know this is opening up old wounds, but if you had to bet on either Notts or Moors to join Stockport in League Two, who would your money be on?
    As I said at the start of the season, the acid test of whether it would be the right thing to replace Ardley with Burchnall would be the National League table at season's end. We're not there yet, but Ardley's team is into its stride at just the right time. It was wrong to sack Ardley when we did and I'm afraid his replacement has not overly impressed.
    The supreme irony, of course, would be Notts v Moors in the play-offs although Notts place in the play-offs looks increasingly dubious.
    For what it's worth, Wrexham look hot favourites anyway.

''But if you had to bet on either Notts or Moors to join Stockport in League Two, who would your money be on''?

If I'm honest Squid, neither. Stockpot or Rectum will win the League and my money is on the one of those two who doesn't, to go up through the P/O's.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    It was wrong to sack Ardley when we did and I'm afraid his replacement has not overly impressed.
    Wrong. It was correct to sack Ardley. He has simply proven he can get a team into the national league play offs. Both us and SM.

Does anyone honestly think we’d have been higher than Solihull under NA. If so where is the evidence?

Can’t disagree that IB has not overly impressed though.

We will make the playoffs though. Though neither us nor moors will be promoted.
    Last edited by The_Don_ORiordan; 11-04-2022 at 09:46 AM.

If one goes up and one doesn't there is your clear answer. Both will end up in the playoffs but if neither go up then it doesn't matter if a team finished 3rd or 7th IMO.

Oh yes the old Ardley arguement that appears when we lose.

Lets take a look at one fact which manager took over a league 2 club NOT in the relegation zone and got them relegated ?

Sick of people defending the bloke he was not good here and lets also factor in he has/had a bigger budget than IB.

It is not as simple as who is better A or B.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I know this is opening up old wounds, but if you had to bet on either Notts or Moors to join Stockport in League Two, who would your money be on?
    As I said at the start of the season, the acid test of whether it would be the right thing to replace Ardley with Burchnall would be the National League table at season's end. We're not there yet, but Ardley's team is into its stride at just the right time. It was wrong to sack Ardley when we did and I'm afraid his replacement has not overly impressed.
    The supreme irony, of course, would be Notts v Moors in the play-offs although Notts place in the play-offs looks increasingly dubious.
    For what it's worth, Wrexham look hot favourites anyway.
    Notts. Which isn’t to say that Ardley isn’t doing a better job overall currently, but their record against the teams around them is extremely poor. Notts, meanwhile, are just the kind of wildly erratic side that could be a huge danger in a play-off format.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Oh yes the old Ardley arguement that appears when we lose.

Lets take a look at one fact which manager took over a league 2 club NOT in the relegation zone and got them relegated ?

Sick of people defending the bloke he was not good here and lets also factor in he has/had a bigger budget than IB.

It is not as simple as who is better A or B.
    Not quite accurate, legs.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Not quite accurate, legs.

I stand corrected.

I know Kewell didnt have us in the bottom two.

When all is said and done he wasnt good here and he is now gone no point going back to bash IB with a manager who did nothing himself its weird

Ardley failed at Notts. He failed to keep us up, then he failed to get us promoted. And all the time playing awful, negative football. I thought he was a lovely, genuine guy, but his downbeat interviews and 'respect the point' approach got pretty desperate. At least IB tries to get us attacking in numbers.

I don't think either team will get promoted. But if I had to choose, I'd say Solihull, because I'm fairly certain Notts will serve up a display like was saw against Torquay at the weekend as soon as it matters. No chance we'll beat any of the teams in the playoffs away. But that was the same when Ardley was here.

What I don't get is why Ardley was so negative while at Notts, yet he's managed to turn Solihull into a free-scoring side. Given our resources and stature, you'd expect it to be the other way around. Classic Notts, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    The thing that stands out from that table is that Sol Campbell, who was appointed four days after Ardley at a club in even more turmoil than us, managed to gain 10 points more than Ardley.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast