+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Burchnall Ball wont ever get us promoted

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Where is all this rubbish of "We are too happy in non league" coming from ???

Slater apparently mentioned it what does he mean ? Does he have regular chats with our owners ?

Fact is we werent good enough to go up I doubt our owners are sat around saying yeah cant wait for Maidenhead away next year !
    While obviously grateful to the Reedtz brothers for buying the club, the worry I have had about them since day one is still the same. They are trying to play a computer game with a real club. It's heavily stats and data based, but all those stats and data seem to ignore one crucial thing. What if the other team want it more? We possibly have the most technically gifted squad in the division, but when the going gets tough our mental fragility comes to the fore. When we are good we can look very good, but when it doesn't click we are far too easy to play against. If they persist with their approach of the last 3 seasons we will be stuck here for a long time, because something is definitely missing.

I absolutely stand by the comments I made to start this thread. Tippy Tappy will never get us out of the National League.

What we need is a Manager who knows this league, gets players with more physical presence and plays in the oppositions half, not our own.

I also fear our current owners will never invest enough to get the job done either.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyt1 View Post
    I absolutely stand by the comments I made to start this thread. Tippy Tappy will never get us out of the National League.

What we need is a Manager who knows this league, gets players with more physical presence and plays in the oppositions half, not our own.

I also fear our current owners will never invest enough to get the job done either.
    What I fear, is the owners insisting the next manager still “their” football philosophy, turning him into another Ardley/Burchnall clone.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    These were pretty much the words they used:

''Charlie and David Jackson mentioned tonight the lack of urgency at Notts to get promoted compared to other teams''.

Difficult not to agree IMHAHO.
    I guess it depends which clubs they are talking about.

The only two showing real intent as they put it are Wrexham and Stockport.

Its abit like being a West Ham media bloke moaning as they cant compete with Man City.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    While obviously grateful to the Reedtz brothers for buying the club, the worry I have had about them since day one is still the same. They are trying to play a computer game with a real club. It's heavily stats and data based, but all those stats and data seem to ignore one crucial thing. What if the other team want it more? We possibly have the most technically gifted squad in the division, but when the going gets tough our mental fragility comes to the fore. When we are good we can look very good, but when it doesn't click we are far too easy to play against. If they persist with their approach of the last 3 seasons we will be stuck here for a long time, because something is definitely missing.
    I agree we need more steel in the side you need that whatever league you are in.

It's a pity there is no data on tough tackling midfielders, because in my mind that is all that was the matter with this team,
    someone asked why Florist are so good, for me they've got never say die Yates, slasher Colback, and young kick yer legs Garner,
    why do people always blame the defense, when they are only as good as the midfield?

I guess it depends which clubs they are talking about.

The only two showing real intent as they put it are Wrexham and Stockport.

Its abit like being a West Ham media bloke moaning as they cant compete with Man City.
    They talked about Chesterfield as well and where they would be now had the injury to their key man not derailed their season.
    People keep telling us that Solihull spend more than us, Solihull!!!

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    They talked about Chesterfield as well and where they would be now had the injury to their key man not derailed their season.
    People keep telling us that Solihull spend more than us, Solihull!!!
    Chesterfield could also be doing a "Hardy" where they need to go up this season.

Solihull do have a rich owner I believe like Harrogate did, no idea what they have spent though.

Man City are proof of a complete no mark club for decades getting a state country backing and can blow away 99% of clubs in transfer market.

Chesterfield could also be doing a "Hardy" where they need to go up this season.

Solihull do have a rich owner I believe like Harrogate did, no idea what they have spent though.

Man City are proof of a complete no mark club for decades getting a state country backing and can blow away 99% of clubs in transfer market.
    Always other clubs who attract wealthy owners, we never get them at Notts unfortunately.

The owners haven't done a lot wrong, but they haven't done a lot right either. We're ticking along, but the objective of this game is not to just tick along, especially as low as its' possible to go in the professional game.
    This is death by a thousand cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I don't think we should get too carried away with the idea that the owners insist on this type of football to a fault. They are, by nature and profession, analytical people who will look at the evidence and shouldn't be too proud to adjust. I don't think it a matter of ego or rigid ideology for them. Obviously they would like to see us play attractive football that brings good crowds and perhaps they've aimed for perfection in that regard. I can't really knock them for that, but it wouldn't surprise me if they're reaching the same conclusions as many of us about the type of player needed to add strength, aggression and character to what is currently a talented but somewhat 'nice' squad.

We're a bit like the Spurs and Arsenal of this league - capable of very good performances against most sides, but found wanting against the big guns and with a tendency to drop silly points elsewhere.

The real question may be whether IB is equally pragmatic and willing to adjust away from his rather idealistic playing style in pursuit of a few more results away from home. When all's said and done, that's what's missing. We aren't a bad team - our home record is fine and we're in the play-offs with a number of winnable fixtures to come. It's a case of taking what's already there and adding the missing ingredients, both tactical and personnel.
    Well said

As I see it We need players who can deal with the high press and be able to command our 18 yard box, plus 2 commanding midfielders ether side of Palmer, one or two strikers would be nice. wishful thinking I know we have a couple of months to speculate.
    Last edited by Oldstripy; 24-05-2022 at 12:18 PM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678