+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Artell sacked.......

Artell sacked.......

Well I'm not surprised, I thought his post match interview had that feel of someone who knew the writing was on the wall.

Wish him well for the future be interesting to see who comes in.........

We must have been starting a new thread simultaneously. We have to watch this space and hope that the Board appoints a suitable successor.

Well the disaster junkies have got there way and a man committed to the club has lost his livelihood. Well Artell has been sacked and going by the level of depth of analysis applied to this situation I.e. pitifully little, I suppose the golden days will return immediately. After all, sacking a manager is all it takes isn't it?

I think that you have to agree Gazan that this is a long way from a kneejerk reaction. I think that the board have been more than fair hoping that he would eventually turn it round. Also I don't think that anybody envisages somebody else coming in and waving a magic wand and all is well. I feel sorry for anybody losing their job. He is a bright fella so hopefully not too long before he finds his feet again, probably in football, maybe in forensics. Thank you Dave for mostly some great memories.
    I feel that we must look beyond our front door for his successor. Strangely we should have announced two more appointments last Friday but not heard anything, I wonder if this announcement today has altered plans there? Ironically Dave was part of the interviewing panel I believe.
    Once again thanks Dave, I think that on balance you remain with legend status at the Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Well the disaster junkies have got there way and a man committed to the club has lost his livelihood. Well Artell has been sacked and going by the level of depth of analysis applied to this situation I.e. pitifully little, I suppose the golden days will return immediately. After all, sacking a manager is all it takes isn't it?
    "Disaster junkies ?" 15 defeats in 16 games would suggest something wasn't right and that was enough depth of analysis and before you blame the fans the board have sacked him, they made the decision and judging by the level of anger #3 posts it would suggest that he's hardly been sacked because of fan pressure.

Theres not enough interest to fill a phone box never mind remove a manager.

The only problem I have is why now ? It should have been done before the transfer window, or at the end of the season quite weird really to do it now.

The club is bigger than anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Harkin View Post
    "Disaster junkies ?" 15 defeats in 16 games would suggest something wasn't right and that was enough depth of analysis and before you blame the fans the board have sacked him, they made the decision and judging by the level of anger #3 posts it would suggest that he's hardly been sacked because of fan pressure.

The only problem I have is why now ? It should have been done before the transfer window, or at the end of the season quite weird really to do it now.

I think Gazan will be quiet for a while collecting all the toys he has thrown out of his pram, we are disaster Junkies or vampires, not sure which ? Because we have challenged abject failure Artell has managed to take the club back quicker than he took it forward. It is 4 months too late with a decent manager coming in January and given adequate funds and not forced to play kids we probably would have stayed up, a half decent Crewe side would have comfortably survived in this poor league but instead we become the first team relegated in all of the professional leagues and even before a team who has been docked 21 points for Christ sake how an earth Gazan you can support utter and abject failure is quite frankly bizarre, it’s a results based business and Artell got what he deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Harkin View Post

3 posts? I assume you have not seen the torrent of abuse and ridicule aimed in Dave Artell's direction. It has been disgraceful. I get that people wanted him out and they had good reason. But the lack of respect has frankly disgusted me.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    3 posts? I assume you have not seen the torrent of abuse and ridicule aimed in Dave Artell's direction. It has been disgraceful. I get that people wanted him out and they had good reason. But the lack of respect has frankly disgusted me.

Actually Timmy I think the Crewe fans on the whole have shown remarkable constraint given the absolute garbage they have had to endure on and off the pitch if it wasn’t bad enough that the team were that bad you then had to put up with the ramblings of somebody who had clearly lost the plot trying to convince you that you had watched a different game to him.

I agree Artell is a decent man, but it should have been time for change during December. Now we have been relegated having lost 15 of the last 16 games. Is that not sufficient evidence that a change was needed (and not Lunt being moved to the Academy)? People call games as they see them, but I do not understand how some posters appear to be watching a completely different rose tinted game each week. Of course, removing Artell is not an instant panacea and everything at the club is not suddenly going to be transformed to become perfect in time for next season. The rot in the playing squad is such that the pre-season is going to be very hard work and, dare I say it for fear of being labelled a disaster junky, I expect the first 10 games or so next season to be a distinct dose of reality in League Two.

Here we go again! 'If you don't agree with me then you have rose-tinted specs and you must be happy with the poor situation'. Is this the in-depth analysis that's mentioned above? I don't do social media and you can see why. There ISN'T always ONE right answer and everyone else is worthy of abuse. This is the attitude I've tried to fight against on this site for the last year or so. Occasionally, I have lost patience and let myself down and I apologise to those who matter.
    The fact remains that some people get pleasure from other people's misery and that's the attitude I abhor in current times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast