+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Artell Departs

Artell Departs

I see that Artell has now left the Alex. It gives me no pleasure to see anyone leave a job he/she has given everything to. However, he had clearly run out of road and really had to go. I thank him genuinely for his service to the club. That said, the Board needs to act quickly to bring a new manager in to allow for a full pre-season. There is absolutely no doubt that the new manager will have a lot on his plate! I see that Morris and Bell will manage first team affairs for the remaining few games of this pitiful season, but they should NOT be considered as candidates to replace Artell. We need to appoint someone from outside. As previously said on this site, I have no problem with Nigel Adkins or even John Pemberton. There will be others fellow posters would want considered. Having acted to create the vacancy, the Board must now ensure that the right candidate is given the funds required to carry out the extensive rebuilding of the first team squad. I saw Wartman's slightly draconian list of names for the necessary cull, but there is no doubt that the new manager will have a very busy summer ahead!
    Last edited by Furberstreet; 11-04-2022 at 05:07 PM. Reason: grammar

I can't agree with the idea of John Pemberton as he has failed in most of his jobs, so far.