+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad Drivers!

Bad Drivers!

Today I was in a hurry to get to an appointment.

Initially I sat for 5 miles behind a learner driver with an appalling female instructor.

As soon as that obstacle has gone I ended up behind a woman who insisted on doing no more than 18-23 in a 30 sector and then wouldn’t do more than 26-41 in the 60 sector.

These idiots need clearing from the road.

My wife is a ponderous driver and once got pulled by the police for driving too slowly.

Police should do this more often, these dawdling cretins cause such frustration, if you haven’t the confidence to drive around the road limit in good conditions you don’t deserve a licence.

Must agree with you when it comes to those who constantly drive well below the speed limit -and it's Sod's law that you always seem to get stuck behind them when you have to be somewhere at a certain time! I always leave earlier than normal in these cases but still somehow manage to get stuck behind the only one who wants to do 30 in a 60 and then slows to 20 if the road changes to 30 and is oblivious to the queue of traffic piling up behind them.

Sadly, I think the old thing about "not making proper progress" is a myth and that the law is only concerned with the maximum speed limit-which may explain why all those unfit cyclists are allowed to clog up the roads around me. Some of them barely have the energy to peddle! I'm all for people trying to get fit and go "green" but surely these are a hazard.

Another pet hate of mine is people who either keep their rear fog lights on when the fog has gone or else keep them on when it's pretty obvious the car behind can clearly see them without them. I'm sure that used to be in the Highway Code too?

Since coming out of lockdown the standard of driving has dropped considerably. I feel like I'm being shot at every time I go out.

Rather someone drives slowly than a
    f uckin nutter breaking the speeding limit! Women drivers are better and if anybody has been on a speed awareness course - it’s mainly men! Men are far worse by far for drunk driving and drugs!

Most dangerous drivers are lads 18 to 25 that bomb up roads with a 30 mile limit!! Any young lad doing more than 50 in a 30 limit should get an immediate 6 month ban and have to take their test again!!

Hate tailgaters too! You wouldn’t do that in the USA unless you wanted a baseball bat around your head!!

My pet hate is drivers who doggedly tailgate for mile after mile an HGV chugging along at 40 in a 60 thus making it very difficult to overtake.
    What makes it worse is driver no.2 who doggedly tailgates driver no.1 making it virtually impossible to overtake.

These cretins need educating in being aware of what's behind them and if they can't overtake, to leave sufficient room for those of us who want to get on with it.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    f uckin nutter breaking the speeding limit! Women drivers are better and if anybody has been on a speed awareness course - it’s mainly men! Men are far worse by far for drunk driving and drugs!

Most dangerous drivers are lads 18 to 25 that bomb up roads with a 30 mile limit!! Any young lad doing more than 50 in a 30 limit should get an immediate 6 month ban and have to take their test again!!

Hate tailgaters too! You wouldn’t do that in the USA unless you wanted a baseball bat around your head!!
    Women drivers are mainly useless.

I couldn’t agree less.

They overtake on the humpback bridge, I dread driving over it.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post

Spot on mate!

I have 11 speeding tickets and one for overtaking in a bus lane… Incorrigible, incurable and inredeemable I guess… 🙄😱
    Last edited by SwedishBaggie; 11-04-2022 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionmad View Post
    My pet hate is drivers who doggedly tailgate for mile after mile an HGV chugging along at 40 in a 60 thus making it very difficult to overtake.
    What makes it worse is driver no.2 who doggedly tailgates driver no.1 making it virtually impossible to overtake.

These cretins need educating in being aware of what's behind them and if they can't overtake, to leave sufficient room for those of us who want to get on with it.
    I was tailgated pretty much from Calais to the Italian border. After that no tailgating everyone just came past me. I will say about thr Frencb their lane discipline is much better than ours. No dawdling along in an outside lane it's overtake and get back in.
    We are staying in a hilltop apartment and got offered a lift into town Sunday night by the grandma of the family. We clambered into the old Fiat 500 and she not only drove like a maniac down these hairpins but insisted on turning around to talk to us while drove. We declined the lift back

Think I'm correct in saying our road accident figures are the very best of our near neighbours.
    Last edited by 9goals2hattricks3pen; 11-04-2022 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Women drivers are mainly useless.

I couldn’t agree less.

Perhaps if you are referring to driver techniques then ok. Almost all deaths on the road are caused by men! Almost all cases of drunk driving on the road are by men. Almost all speeding offences on roads are caused by men many in the 18 to 25 bracket!

Look at footballers who are killers or could have killed like greasy jack when he was absolutely wrecked! Not heard of a leading woman’s sporting star who has caused death or nearly caused it!

Lad speeding up our road ( 30 ) around 60 and went into a fence and now in a wheelchair. Do I feel sorry for him - not at all but do feel sorry for the farmers fence his car wrecked!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)