+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rebuilding for next season

I think Charles Grant still said in his interview that the person (didn't say the same person) would be in place for the transfer window?

Now we have the answer.

I have seen in various posts the rumour that we could be unloading 12 players in the coming days. Does that include players seeking a move for themselves i.e. Lowery, Mandron and Jaskelainen? If it does, then I would suggest that it is not as drastic as some would suggest. It would also include the 4 loanees, making the actual number more like 5 and that would be ex academy players who have not made it- Robbins and Woodthorpe. This just leaves Porter, Kashket and Gomes. Not very radical, that!
    Of course, there may also be movement outwards of the 3 academy graduates who hadn't signed last time I heard but they wouldn't count as part of a clearout.
    Bearing in mind a lower division next season, how vulnerable are Murphy, Onyeka, Ainley and Finney?

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    I have seen in various posts the rumour that we could be unloading 12 players in the coming days. Does that include players seeking a move for themselves i.e. Lowery, Mandron and Jaskelainen? If it does, then I would suggest that it is not as drastic as some would suggest. It would also include the 4 loanees, making the actual number more like 5 and that would be ex academy players who have not made it- Robbins and Woodthorpe. This just leaves Porter, Kashket and Gomes. Not very radical, that!
    Of course, there may also be movement outwards of the 3 academy graduates who hadn't signed last time I heard but they wouldn't count as part of a clearout.
    Bearing in mind a lower division next season, how vulnerable are Murphy, Onyeka, Ainley and Finney?
    Ainley has another year and the way Morris is talking about him, he is going nowhere. Gomes definitely needs to go. I am assuming Kashket will go although I thought he had another year. And actually might be a good bet in League 2. As for Academy players, they are not in the habit of rushing them out of the door without giving them a chance and by the sound of it Robbins has done well at Nantwich.

I think people could leave even though they are 'in contract'. My point, essentially, is who do we think is going? I agree Ainley probably as we've had the 3rd showing of 'Ainleys chance to prove himself, next season', already. Robbins, can score goals from midfield so I suspect you are right. So the question remains- who do you think may be shown the door?

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    I think people could leave even though they are 'in contract'. My point, essentially, is who do we think is going? I agree Ainley probably as we've had the 3rd showing of 'Ainleys chance to prove himself, next season', already. Robbins, can score goals from midfield so I suspect you are right. So the question remains- who do you think may be shown the door?
    It wouldn't surprise me to see Finney senior released. Not convinced he should be but there is a strong argument that says he should because he has not performed this season. If we are letting Will go, I am not convinced we are letting the right one go. Will is a young keeper who has been an under 21 international for Finland. So there must be something in him. I really can't see too many of our own being released to be honest. I think a stay of execution as we are dropping to League 2. It may be seen that they have an opportunity to cement a place in the side by virtue of performances

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me to see Finney senior released. Not convinced he should be but there is a strong argument that says he should because he has not performed this season. If we are letting Will go, I am not convinced we are letting the right one go. Will is a young keeper who has been an under 21 international for Finland. So there must be something in him. I really can't see too many of our own being released to be honest. I think a stay of execution as we are dropping to League 2. It may be seen that they have an opportunity to cement a place in the side by virtue of performances

I think Finney has a couple of years left on his contract so can’t see him going although do agree he probably should. My guess will be the following:

Will Jaaskaelenin
    Adebisi
    Griffiths
    Lowery
    Mandron
    Murphy
    Gomes
    Kashkett
    Porter
    Robbins
    Woodthorpe
    Onyeka

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    I think Finney has a couple of years left on his contract so can’t see him going although do agree he probably should. My guess will be the following:

Will Jaaskaelenin
    Adebisi
    Griffiths
    Lowery
    Mandron
    Murphy
    Gomes
    Kashkett
    Porter
    Robbins
    Woodthorpe
    Onyeka
    If Adebisi is out of contract you may be right. Otherwise he will be going nowhere

Adebisi signed until 2024

I think Onyeka has potential but as a winger not as a striker. Next season I believe we should be playing speedy wingers again as long as the 'non-active' winger presses up nearer the CF.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast