+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daves replacement

Daves replacement

I thought I would start this thread to see what names are thrown up. To start with I have to be up front I absolutely do not want recruitment from within to keep cutting and pasting the same mistake is reckless. I find it a little worrying that Alex Morris suggested he has plenty of new ideas to try and get a win out of the team shame he didn’t share them with Dave when he was stood next to him it might have saved Dave his job. For me 4 games then Morris and Bell back to Reaseheath.

So my first name is David Unsworth assistant manager at Everton U23 manager at Everton so would be on board with our academy policy and he is looking for his first management role sounds like a perfect fit any thoughts ?

Certainly happy to see Morris and Bell return to the Academy after they oversee the dregs of this season. I have advocated for Adkins on here and would not have a problem if he was in the frame. I had not thought of Unsworth and he sounds like a decent fit. I hesitate only because this would be his first managerial role and he would really have to hit the ground running to shape the squad for next season. However, he is outside of the cosy academy clique here and would offer a fresh perspective that should only be beneficial. There were a few candidates that I would have welcomed (Neill and Cook to name just two) but they have unsurprisingly been snapped up. Pemberton has been mentioned and it would be interesting if the Board tried to poach someone like Steve Cotterill. That would be un-Crewe like behaviour but he would certainly remove some of the cobwebs.

Unsworth has managed. Albeit, only temporarily. He was a disaster when taking the reins at Everton. Adkins would be a possibility despite his car crash at Charlton, where he would have been on eye-wateringly higher money than he would get at the Alex. Ex-alex pros David Wright and Justin Cochrane have been mentioned. The former is a coach at MKD while the other has worked with Man U and the England setup. The Stoke media are also pushing Rich Walker. The latter 3 have no direct managerial experience, mind you, that didn't hinder some bloke called Dave Artell for 4 years!

I had read about Justin Cochrane working at Man Utd and England and he appears to be well-regarded. Would he be willing to accept the challenge? Whoever comes in will be under no illusion about the magnitude of the job ahead.

Just heard from an Evertonian friend that Unsworth has resigned from his Everton post a few days ago. Coincidence??

Hope so!

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Hope so!
    Gazan prefers cut and paste same old ****e different face

🤭

Having read the Chairman's statement on the official website, it does read as if Morris, Bell (and Lunt) are the preferred choice. I know that "interim" was included in the title and popped up in the text, but I suspect from the tone that this is the preferred solution rather than to seek an external appointment. I may well be wrong and if Unsworth has resigned to apply for the vacancy, I hope he is given a fair hearing. That said, he may have resigned to pursue another vacancy.

My Evertonian friend really doesn't rate him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast