+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Portsmouth Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    I know it's frustrating Topsy, but instead of feeling sorry for themselves, they have to show some grit now, and that all starts with the management team. UTM
    Three points on Saturday incoming

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Personally I think it would’ve been better if Warney had let someone else done the interview even if some might have thought he was hiding.

Anyway we’ve got to put that game behind us and get ready for next one
    Take a breather, do yoga, take a massage and get yourselves ready
    I couldn't agree more Topsy, I haven't seen the interview but if PW is coming across negative and looking broken, then he definitely should have let Richie do the interview because players will pick up on it. UTM

There is no reason we can’t win the next 3 games. Play our best players and we can.
    Wood and Mattock can’t play together.
    I would go 4-5-1

Slept on it and watched the goals again ...we look like a team who are mid table with nothing to play for.

Still in our hands but we will finish below Wednesday playing like that

Just want someone to wind the clock on now quickly to the end of the season. Theres a sort of inevitability to it now. Lets just get it finished and plan for next season. I suspect warnes is in his last few games with us. He will start again with another unfashionable lower league club and wil fo well to a point. I would wish him.luck but he has taken us as far as he can.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    We can only go on what we see/hear.

Yes some might be still carrying injuries but Management chose to start Wiles who was originally a doubt and had to be subbed when there was others that could’ve start.

I’m sure it’s gone on long enough now for him to tell us what the Reg problem is which we might understand why he isn’t playing

Michael Smith has been carrying an injury for weeks hasn't he?
    Didn't he recently have an injection pre match so he could play?

There will be other injuries not disclosed, that shouldn't be an excuse though.

A disjointed performance last night, anyone would think the players have never played or trained together.

The high press in their faces and working collectively disappeared a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Michael Smith has been carrying an injury for weeks hasn't he?
    Didn't he recently have an injection pre match so he could play?

There will be other injuries not disclosed, that shouldn't be an excuse though.

A disjointed performance last night, anyone would think the players have never played or trained together.

The high press in their faces and working collectively disappeared a while ago.
    Yes his toe went black but it’s not the first time Smithie had played with a bad toe and on his own upfront for most of it
    If anyone needs a rest it’s definitely him but he won’t be getting one 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    There is no reason we can’t win the next 3 games. Play our best players and we can.
    I would go 4-5-1

I doubt he knows his best starting eleven Pocket, besides he's limited with suspensions and injuries, out of form players and a squad that's looking like its got nothing to play for.
    Confidence has gone, rash early challenges last night and too much physicality, I'm surprised we didn't have a player sent off.
    Completely disorganised, too many hasty passes and we don't look comfortable on the ball.

Not looking good for Tutu injury wise either.

I feel more of the same against Ipswich.

Edit : what concerns me is the quote from PW that he doesn't know what's gone wrong.
    If he doesn't know how's he going to turn it round in the next five games
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 13-04-2022 at 06:42 AM.

I think we've got a decent chance of beating Ipswich
    Not so sure it will be during this season though

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    I would go 4-5-1
    . But he doesn’t play his best players. Hope you’re right and we win our remaining games. It’s what we all want but it’s painful to watch a team so much in decline. That’s down to the manager unfortunately.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast