+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Var....

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    VAR is bound to make things better. At the moment, bent Scottish refs can get away with outrageous decisions by saying they didn't see it. They can't use that excuse with VAR.
    Given that the Scottish refs will be in charge of the rulings be prepared to be let down.

Expect a lot of "interpretation of the rules" if VAR comes in.

Well that hun goal was offside for a start

Expect some squint looking lines being used

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    VAR is bound to make things better. At the moment, bent Scottish refs can get away with outrageous decisions by saying they didn't see it. They can't use that excuse with VAR.
    To be honest I think var is only as good as the people implementing it and I for one doubt Scottish refs fa will be great at it.

“Bobby, min. That looked like a penalty.”

“For the boys?”

“No, for the sheepshugging lot. We’re certain that Rapey halved that Red loser in the box. Want to take a look?”

“Shan’t”.

So it goes.

The worst aspect of it for me is the ridiculous not putting up of the linesman's flag.

I'm pretty sure it's an english interpretation, so we're bound to copy that.

Q: Can VAR overturn a ref decision?
    A: No. The final decision is always taken by the on-field referee. The VAR only provides advice.

Well thats ****ed then, the BitB will still ruin games, the excuses will just get sillier...

Quote Originally Posted by sallan2000 View Post
    Q: Can VAR overturn a ref decision?
    A: No. The final decision is always taken by the on-field referee. The VAR only provides advice.

Well thats ****ed then, the BitB will still ruin games, the excuses will just get sillier...
    Have to agree. The idea of VAR is good but we all know that in practice the same BitB will continue to display the same level of impartiality as they do currently. So in effect, VAR will only make things worse as it'll mean more decisions for them as the BitB on VAR can trawl through footage and check freeze frame/slow motion/not in real time/disallow a goal because of something 30 seconds previously and give more decisions for the hun. You know it'll happen

Well thats it voted through.

More expensive cheating....magic.

"The total VAR cost of £1.2m per season is to be met by the 12 clubs on a sliding scale, with the Premiership winners paying around £195,000 and the 12th-place team £67,000."
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60987568
    I can see some teams wanting " value for money ".

That’s the game finally fuucked, then.

Given that matches will now last about three hours, I suppose this will be spun by the onanistic marketeers now pandering to generation x-box, as “increased value for money”.

Bollix bollix bollix.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast