+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Var....

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post

Although ,I think it was Collum on the VAR ? So , after a few weekends and the scrutiny of var reduces , I worry that we shall slide back into the " nothing to see here, penalty to rankers". scenario.

Fingers crossed !!
    There’s a VAR ref and an assistant for each match. Yesterday ours was Dallas, the huns’ Aitken.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/fi...nts-confirmed/

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Another thing…I think the referee should be suspended from officiating if they get more than 3 decisions wrong in a match that VAR has had to correct.
    In some instances though, you can watch replays multiple times without reaching a conclusive decision - often only a slow motion replay from a different angle gives clarity. Surely, a suspension in these circumstances would be manifestly unfair!? I would introduce capital punishments for any referee showing any Old Firm bias as that would help redress the balance of unfair officiating over the last few decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    In some instances though, you can watch replays multiple times without reaching a conclusive decision - often only a slow motion replay from a different angle gives clarity. Surely, a suspension in these circumstances would be manifestly unfair!? I would introduce capital punishments for any referee showing any Old Firm bias as that would help redress the balance of unfair officiating over the last few decades.
    Finally a voice of reason!

Although perhaps a few days of slow torture first?

Thanks. Amazing then ?!! Be interested to see if Dallas on var for us v the filthy Huns will produce an equally fair review. ?

This var thing may well be the ( near) leveller the rest of the teams out with the cheeks have needed !!!!

We can but dream......

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    The referee’s up here are getting too many decisions wrong in a match. A suspension will at least make them up their game or chuck it (which for some wouldn’t be a bad thing). The two Glasgow teams in the first round of matches involving VAR didn’t find it easy…funny that!

In his Plop & Jism column today, Richard Gordon admits that VAR has been piish thus far. He’s not wrong.

He also refers to Sevcove using the personal pronoun (genitive plural) “our”. Make yer ****ing mind up, min. You’re either with us or against us.
    Last edited by 57vintage; 19-11-2022 at 10:16 AM.

Is there one fitba fan on the face of the planet ( including Argentina fans) who thought that was a penalty against Poland?

Justice was done with the save but fück sake min, get a fückin grip.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Is there one fitba fan on the face of the planet ( including Argentina fans) who thought that was a penalty against Poland?

Justice was done with the save but fück sake min, get a fückin grip.
    Aye thon was a disgrace. Even Beathun wouldn’t have given that at Ibroke. Major bias towards Messi methinks. Doubt Poland would have got it at the other end.

The McCrorie incident last night looked a lot worse when I finally saw a replay but at the time it looked like absolutely nothing at all so when the ref held up play for a ridiculous amount of time for the check, no one really knew what was being looked at.

If they are going to continue with VAR then they need to give the crowd a lot more info than simply telling them that there is a VAR check.

The English games tell the fans whether it's a potential penalty or red card offence I think, so we need to get a system like that here too.

All footage that is used in the decision should be made available too. That might be the case already I'm not sure.

Should also say that maybe the announcer told the crowd what was going on but you can't make out what he is saying at the back of the shed.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    The McCrorie incident last night looked a lot worse when I finally saw a replay but at the time it looked like absolutely nothing at all so when the ref held up play for a ridiculous amount of time for the check, no one really knew what was being looked at.

If they are going to continue with VAR then they need to give the crowd a lot more info than simply telling them that there is a VAR check.

The English games tell the fans whether it's a potential penalty or red card offence I think, so we need to get a system like that here too.

All footage that is used in the decision should be made available too. That might be the case already I'm not sure.

Should also say that maybe the announcer told the crowd what was going on but you can't make out what he is saying at the back of the shed.
    He was moving very fast when Dunne just stopped, and was never going to do anything other than hit him, it all looked very natural and don't think there was anything malicious in it at all.

One of the many issues with var is the ref being able to watch something numerous times before they make a decision, as it is only going to put doubts in anyone's mind especially like in last night's incident where even with Var it was hard to tell what was happening as it happened so quick.

VAR has been nothing but a let down.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast