+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Do we need 'boot-room' continuity at the club?

Do we need 'boot-room' continuity at the club?

Hope Warne continues because he will have learned some invaluable lessons this season but I think he will quit.

If we are looking for boot- room continuity then the three ex players below, might be worth a punt as manager :

Richard Wood
    Guy Branston
    Kari Arnason

If we break with tradition, I would go for Gareth Ainsworth

Do we need a break from the Rotherham DNA?
    Last edited by the_idiotb_stardson; 14-04-2022 at 09:08 AM.

I'll stick my neck out and state.....if Warne were to walk at the end of the season,Lee Johnson will be our next manager! I know a lot of people don't like him but I can think of worse choices.He is a good manager.
    Regarding Wood,Branston and Arnason you would think Arnason would be the best out of a very average sounding bunch!
    Gareth Ainsworth will always be a good shout and an appointment I think no one could complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Hope Warne continues because he will have learned some invaluable lessons this season but I think he will quit.

If we are looking for boot- room continuity then the three ex players below, might be worth a punt as manager :

Richard Wood
    Guy Branston
    Kari Arnason

If we break with tradition, I would go for Gareth Ainsworth

Do we need a break from the Rotherham DNA?
    Id rather have Megson than Tarzan

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    Gareth Ainsworth will always be a good shout and an appointment I think no one could complain about.
    I would.
    Would you be happy watching Wycombe style cheating, time wasting. Faking injury etc. I certainly wouldn’t.

It's crazy to think of Ainsworth. I've enjoyed watching players developed and become internationals under Warne.

We are not the same Rotherham United that existed when Tony Stewart took over.

I to think that he could walk but I think Barker will want to take his place. Then there's Hamshaw.

Other shouts would be for Paul Hurst with Branston. I was on a zoom conference type call with him and he made it clear that he'd like to give management another go and feels that he's better equipped this time.

Currently there are more in favour of a boot out discontinuity