+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wombles in town

Wombles in town

Well a new interim manager on the touch line but the same players on the pitch, unless Morris can perform a miracle and get these players to discover ability they don’t possess I expect the wombles to continue to give themselves a chance to make safety 1-3 for me tomorrow. Oh and as a foot note can’t make the game tomorrow as I have to avoid daylight as it plays havoc with my skin (one for you Gazan) after your disrespectful comments to all the people on this forum who did not except the inept handling of first team affairs.

I am not confident about tomorrow's game. It is still the same bunch of shell-shocked and wet behind the ears players and I doubt that Morris and Bell will come up with anything radical to change the club's fortunes in such a short period of time. Fingers tightly crossed for a 1-1 draw but my head is telling me that we will lose 1-2.

Given the traumatic season we are enduring, I accept that there will be some strong debate about the way forward. I seriously doubt that anyone disagrees that DA gave everything and is a decent man to boot. That said, his excellent diary feature in the "Inside Crewe" magazine often referred to the buck stopping with him as the manager. It has and we have to move forward quickly to stabilize the club. I was out shopping with my wife today in the sunshine and did not catch fire, turn to dust or feel repelled by the garlic in Marks & Spencer! Hopefully, we can all focus on ensuring that next season falls short of the disaster some of us feel may occur. We may disagree with some of the suggestions for change advocated here but we all want the club to do well.
    Last edited by Furberstreet; 14-04-2022 at 01:55 PM. Reason: grammar

Is that except or accept, Hogman?

Furberstreet, maybe you wish the club well but it is clear someone doesn't. Also, I just have to say that for that individual to comment about respect is just laughable. My biggest problem with that person is their utter disrespect for anybody but himself.

Anyway 1-1

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Is that except or accept, Hogman?
    Yes sorry for the typo Gazan

There is no "maybe" about it. I have supported the Alex since I first started following football and I feel more passionate than ever about the club. No-one can deny change is not required. However, the changes made have to be the correct ones.

It wasn't a negative 'maybe', it was a hypothetical device before postulating somebody else's commitment. No offence to yourself intended. And, I , for one, have never suggested there need be no change. There are always numerous 'changes' available.

Anyway.....we won!! Not pretty and the the latter 20 mins of the 1st half had me convinced that nothing had changed. However, they were more positive going forward and the two CBs stopped farting around and then Offord started pushing forward with the ball. Good choice of MOTM. Long really ran his socks off and pressed. Williams, playing out of position at LB did a wonderful job despite having a slight wobbly spell in the 1st half. Ainley showed up a little more in his natural position. Lowery worked hard but was too deep. Harper made an assured start but started to hide when Wimbledon scored their goal but 'reappeared' for the second half. Finney and Kashket made little impact.
    We scored 3 well-taken goals. The first was their mistake but at least we had a player up to take advantage. Mandron was very calm taking round the keeper. Sambou also kept his head to score at the second attempt. Along a similar theme, Long calmly slotted his goal in from an acute angle instead of lashing at it. With the right support Long may be a major goalscorer in L2 next season. Lundstram looked uncomfortable at RB. Richards was competent enough though did get caught back-pedalling a couple of times instead of coming to collect a long through ball.
    Not a great performance BUT great to win and to manage 3 (THREE!) goals in a game. Would be happy to see us repeat that a couple of times before the end of the season.🙂

Actually enjoyed the game, and what a difference in the post match interview, Morris sounded energised and actually sounded as if he knew what he was doing.

I called for a change at Christmas and I'm sure we would have at least made a fist of it instead of the head in the sand approach favoured by the board and some of the supporters on here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast