+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Matchday Thread: Rams v Fulham

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    I think it's one we got away with. Possession was about even, 48/52 in their favour. We had 6 shots to their 21. Shots on target were 4/8 to them. When they attacked, there was always a man in space, available to take the pass. We resorted to our surfeit of back passes as per usual because there was no outlet. Undecided on whether that was down to their class organisation, a lack of movement off the ball on our our part or a bit of both. Their goal came from a good move in which Bielik failed to track his man, Carvalho, thereby giving him the opportunity to shoot and score. Architects of our own downfall. We also gifted them several opportunities through losing possession in our defensive third by that faffing about at the back lark. Not a bad tactic but IMO we over utilise it, especially considering our central defenders don't have the ball skills of a Roy Mac/Todd/Stimac etc. We went for it 2nd half and nicked a win. How often has the reverse happened in previous seasons where we've "hammered" a team only to lose? This time the penny dropped our way. On to QPR. Not in good form despite yesterday's draw at the Terriers. Can we shake our away, and even worse away in London, voodoo? I hope so. MOTM? Lots of possibilities. The entire back 5. Ebiowei. Plange who had his best game for ages...... I come down to a straight choice between Allsop and Thompson. Allsop for a string of saves, especially that triple one in the second half. Thompson for a good all round display topped off with the first real positive play of the game for us, turned to beat their man, charged upfield as if he'd suddenly remembered what attack means, pinpoint ball into Buchanan's path, great cross and, finally, and I really mean, at long, long last, we had a forward attacking the 6 yard box and Plange put it nicely away. That move started by Liam kick started our game and we were got a second, again, because we played forward rather than back. Take a bow young Liam Thompson. MOTM by a shaven whisker from Allsop.
    I really like Thompson, he's gone under the radar, but I think he could be central to our recovery over the next 3 seasons or so.

I agree Ramshank. He had a very good start, went off the boil and was, rightly, rested. Come back a good player again. Rooney seems to have got the balance right with the young uns.

What has happened to Stretton? He is another who could make it in the seniors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)